GBA .cht files

Discussion in 'GBA - Emulation' started by Ryukouki, Aug 7, 2008.

1. Ryukouki
    OP

Ryukouki See you later, guys.

Jan 31, 2008
    United States
    hey i got the .cht files for roms 1-2300 for GBA but im missing the rest. Where can i find them?

2. nekkutta

nekkutta Member

Newcomer
    Dec 10, 2007
    United States
    very good question, I would like to know the answer as well.

nekkutta

3. Frederica Bernkastel

Frederica Bernkastel WebPerf and PWA advocate; @antoligy on Twitter

GBAtemp Patron
    Frederica Bernkastel is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 31, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Hinamizawa
    Get the roms you want cheats on.
    Look up the codes.
    Use GABsharky to convert them.
    Put them in the correct format in a .txt file.
    Use the .txt to .cht converter.
    JOB DONE!
    (seriously though, if you ask me kindly I'll do it for you, i.e. a couple)

4. Ryukouki
    OP

Jan 31, 2008
    United States
    hey antoligy i'm having an issue with final fantasy v code stuff could you please give me a hand with it? i tried doing this but maybe i missed something. could you gimme a lift on it? my game doesn't work after i do it =(

5. nekkutta

nekkutta Member

Newcomer
    Dec 10, 2007
    United States
    Antoligy: you said to use GABsharky to convert the Gameshark/Codebreaker codes, but the version I DL'd (1.2b) looks like a rom patcher to directly apply the codes into a rom file, could you please post the version of GABsharky that you referenced. thanks!

nekkutta

6. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    Perhaps you might want to try cracker's new tool (GBAATM):
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=99334

If you are after plain conversion cracker has yet more tools:
    http://min.midco.net/cracker/toolslist.txt (GBACCC is what you are after but the other tools there are useful for this sort of thing).

@Original poster, I occasionally see bundles of cheats around and one day will get around to making a decent collection now the GBA is dead but I have a lot to do before that day.

7. Ryukouki
    OP

Jan 31, 2008
    United States
    ok thanks again i have video game issues on stuff like pokemon and super mario bros 4 now so anyone that has a helping hand please do and ty fast

8. AMDZen

AMDZen Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 20, 2008
    United States
    I am curious on this as well. Also the file I found for 2300 .cht files all have very poor english so I'm not even sure what the codes are supposed to do when I select them. So I have no way of really validating that they work as they're supposed to.

I have the M3 DS Real so programs like GABsharky aren't really valid for me. I have had bad luck patching .cht files to games because it makes them crash. I need to find out how to make my own .cht files for GBA games as just the file since M3 Real doesn't need them to be patched into the ROM.

I found the guide on m3wiki and also found the CCC program, but when I put codes in there it doesn't convert the codes properly and spits out a lot of errors