Hacking GBA CHEATS?

zomgbbqpizza

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,
First of all, im not asking if the R4 can run GBA roms.
I was wandering if there was somekind of homebrew app for R4DS that would let me cheat on the GBA cartridge pluged in the bottom. Im using Pokemon Emerald if that helps.
Thanks
smile.gif

Z

Zorua

You can always do it via Visual Boy Advance. Just copy the save file and rom to your PC, keep the rom and the sav file and in the same folder(or in the battery folder, if VBA creates it). Now, run the rom and enter cheats!

NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU

Now with extra redundancy!
Trophies
XP
Country
Zorua said:
You can always do it via Visual Boy Advance. Just copy the save file and rom to your PC, keep the rom and the sav file and in the same folder(or in the battery folder, if VBA creates it). Now, run the rom and enter cheats!
Yes, but that's not what he's asking. He's asking if you can run cheats from an R4 card,not Visual Boy Advance on the computer.

shadowmanwkp

Your roms are on another rom site
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If I'm not mistaken, gba games are run in a special gba mode. It will clear out all running codes before launching the game (probably due to the fact that gba games have onboard memory). Because of this, you can't load cheats from your R4 to your ds, to use them in your gba games.

If you want to do this with retail ds games it is possible with nitroexplorer. But it only works if you have a ds original or ds lite.

NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU

Now with extra redundancy!
Trophies
XP
Country
shadowmanwkp said:
If I'm not mistaken, gba games are run in a special gba mode. It will clear out all running codes before launching the game (probably due to the fact that gba games have onboard memory). Because of this, you can't load cheats from your R4 to your ds, to use them in your gba games.

If you want to do this with retail ds games it is possible with nitroexplorer. But it only works if you have a ds original or ds lite.
Exactly. Simply the only way it is possible to run GBA cheats on a DS is on a SuperCard DSTWO (not sure if it has that feature, though definitely possible), or, technically, on the Homebrew bounty GBA Emulator entry (if that feature was to be implemented), but that thing can barely do 2fps, yet alone run cheats with a game!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM