gba cheating in akaio?

Discussion in 'GBA - Console and Game Discussions, Help and Tips' started by choconado, Mar 11, 2010.

Mar 11, 2010

gba cheating in akaio? by choconado at 8:04 PM (1,641 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. choconado
    OP

Member choconado Doesn't understand a damn thing on here

United States
    Right, I can't find a quick answer using any search options, so quick question: Does AKAIO support cheats for GBA emulaton (I.e. through an ezflash 3in1), and if so, how do I stick them on there? is it just the standard .CHT files I've been hearing about?

Sorry I'm dumb. As I've said elsewhere in the forums, someday my custom title will be "perpetual noob" [​IMG]

2. Langin

Member Langin GBAtemp's kpop addict

Netherlands
    not yet I believe.

3. choconado
    OP

Member choconado Doesn't understand a damn thing on here

United States
    thanks for the quick response. What about patched roms? Such as that described in the sticky of this subforum? That still works, right?

4. Masked Ranger

Member Masked Ranger GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Antarctica
    From my understanding, AKAIO (and for that matter, the offical firmware) does not have a GBA cheat "engine" to affect GBA roms. You'll have to patch the rom first and then load the rom onto the AceKard, then use the 3in1.

5. dohclude

Member dohclude GBAtemp Fan

United States
    yes, just patch em with GBAATM first. Most of them should work just fine like this, although I have had a few games here or there that were stubborn.