Gba cheating help

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by sjones900, Jun 17, 2008.

Jun 17, 2008

Gba cheating help by sjones900 at 11:43 PM (1,451 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. sjones900
    OP

Member sjones900 GBAtemp Advanced Member

United States
    I need some help, I got a M3 DS real with M3 Sakura Triple boot, a EZ Flash V 3 in 1 gba expansion and I have games working using GBA ExpLoader but thats about it. I'm wondering how do I cheat games does anyone have a solution.

2. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    IPS patches......unfortunately that will make the cheats permanently on 'em when you patch them. I don't know where to get them though......I tend not to cheat in games. (as ironic as that may sound)

You can also try looking up the games in question on GameFAQs to see if they have any cheats that can be activated with key combos.

3. sjones900
    OP

United States
    well do you know where I can find a cheat.db for gba

4. Chrono_Tata

Member Chrono_Tata GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Thailand
    You don't get cheat database files for GBA games. You have to patch them individually.

There are a bunch of files here in a rar that you can download, which, I believe, is used in conjunction with the Real firmware's GBA loader. Not sure how to use them though.

http://www.handheldsources.com/M3DS/Download_M3DSR.html

5. sjones900
    OP

United States
    I tried that, there were so many of them it froze the M3

6. Densetsu

Former Staff Densetsu Pubic Ninja

United States
    It's not advisable to copy ALL of the cheat files onto your card. I think I remember reading somewhere that M3 Real's firmware has a limit as to how many files it can have in a folder. If you exceed that limit and then try to open the folder containing all those files (in this case, 2000+ files), it will crash. So copy only the cheat files for the games you want to play onto your card.

The cheat files from www.handheldsources.com are numbered and correspond to the ROM number of each GBA release (according to GBAtemp's release list). So, for example, if you wanted to cheat on Advance Wars (ROM#0095), you would copy the cheat file 0095.cht to your card (it doesn't matter where). Open Advance Wars, but before starting, browse to where the cheat file is to set it for the game. Then start the game normally. Right before the game starts, you'll see a cheat select menu and you can enable/disable cheats here. When done, press START to load the game and you'll be able to play with cheats on. In my experience, a lot of the cheats are in Chinese, and some of the cheats work for most of the games, but not all, which is probably why the GBA cheat option isn't very popular (not to mention the fact that you have to set the cheat file for each GBA ROM).

7. thedicemaster

Member thedicemaster GBAtemp Addict

Netherlands
    those cheat files are useless in this case, sjones uses a 3 in 1.

8. sjones900
    OP

United States
    well that doesn't matter I can set it to ram mode and it will work just like the m3 gba expansion