GBA Cart?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Acester, Apr 9, 2008.

Apr 9, 2008

GBA Cart? by Acester at 3:51 AM (1,823 Views / 0 Likes) 15 replies

1. Acester
    OP

Newcomer Acester Member

Canada
    I'm looking for a GBA emulation cart, and I have no idea what to look for! A few things I MUST have:
    Able to emulate the pokemon games and able to transfer to the ds games with no issues
    Hopefully the size of the DS's gba slot filler, so it dosn't stick out!

That's all I want.. a friend of mine told me the M3 one dosn't work with pokemon.. Any ideas?

2. TheWingless

Member TheWingless Wafuu~

United States
    You should probably get the EZ 3in1 because it is very cheap in price and migration for Pokemon works.

3. Acester
    OP

Newcomer Acester Member

Canada
    I googled it an it says it dosn't work with the M3? I have an M3 lol, but it also says there's a patch to fix it so it does work with the M3..

Is it really worth the trouble of patching?

4. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    If it must play the GBA Pokemon games, make sure it has an RTC for best playback. The 3in1 doesn't have one of those.

5. Acester
    OP

Newcomer Acester Member

Canada
    What's RTC?

Btw I've just noticed these carts are expensive! How do I link them to the computer? SD card or some cord..?

6. Tac 21

Member Tac 21 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    I can tell you that it doesn't work with EZ-flash III.

my theory is that the save needs to be named "pokemon_fire" where as EZ flash can only count in six characters

they should give you a printer cord and a "linker" to plug it in. Depending on the maker though

7. blizzak

Newcomer blizzak Advanced Member

Canada
    the EZ flash 3 in 1 doesn't physically hook into your computer, it works in conjunction with the slot-1 card. check out the wiki for more

Ezflash wiki

as for pokemon support, i'm really not sure. as i've just order my own EZflash 3in1V and waiting for it to arrive, so i haven't' been able to play around with the 3in1 yet

8. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    RTC means Real-Time Clock, which was a feature of some Pokemon games for the GBA. If your device doesn't have an RTC, you'll have to apply patches to emulate the RTC functionality to a certain extent, though it's not as good as if you actually had an RTC.

The 3in1 doesn't have an RTC, and Tac 21 is reporting that the EZ-Flash III won't work. I know the M3 Perfect has an RTC, the Supercard doesn't, and I have no clue about the EZ-Flash IV.

9. Acester
    OP

Newcomer Acester Member

Canada
    Well, honestly, I would prefer the M3 perfect..

Why? Because I have an M3 Simply and I love it. [​IMG] Just a little afraid that it might not work.. Anywho, I heard somewhere that in order to do the pokeman migration thing from gba to ds, you have to patch the DS game itself? I googled and I'm not having much luck, is there an expert pokephr33k around here? [​IMG]

10. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    The only slot 2 flashcart you will be able to use to migrate your pokeymans is the 3-in-1. It will only work with patched Diamond or Pearl roms, you will not be able to migrate them to a retail Diamond or Pearl cart.

Get the patch here: http://ezflash.sosuke.com/viewtopic.php?f=...=a&start=15

11. kazumi213

Member kazumi213 GBAtemp Regular

Spain
    I think M3 team also added support when using M3 Real + GBA expansion combo.

12. Destructobot

United States
    Yes, and some other slot 1 carts can do this with certain slot 2 carts as well. The M3 Simply is not an M3 Real though, it's an R4. It cannot currently migrate pokeymans from any slot 2 flashcart other than the 3-in-1.

13. Elisa_

Member Elisa_ GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Hm, Ez 3-in-1 works with M3.. My friend has that and migrates pokemon

14. kazumi213

Member kazumi213 GBAtemp Regular

Spain
    I know Destructobot [​IMG]

What I was trying to say is that the whole combo could even be an option vs the single 3-in-1, because its really cheap.

15. xcalibur

Member xcalibur Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear

United Kingdom
    Can't the EZIV do it too?
    The two carts are similar after all.

16. Destructobot

United States
    I don't know, but I doubt it. It might be possible with GBA ExpLoader, but that only supports the Lite Deluxe. I'm sure it wouldn't work normally, the EZ4's menu would prevent the DS game on the slot 1 cart from "seeing" the pokemon game on the EZ4.

I have no idea if you could run Diamond or Pearl from the EZ4 and use its linkage feature for migrating pokeymans if that's what you're asking, but I've never heard of it working. Slot 2 carts generally don't load the save data for the GBA game when using the linkage feature.