Hardware GBA GBA can't read EZ-Flash IV but gbaSP and DS can

MrChido

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I got a classic gba and tried my EZ flash IV and it worked perfectly. Then I made the backlit screen mod and the flashcart works fine at first but after a while it started to showing a black screen after nintendo logo. That same flashcart works fine on gbaSP, DSlite and gameboy player but not in the classic GBA, this GBA has no problem with original game cartriges so it's not the cart reader.
If I press R button got the message "initial fat 0" but I repeat, this not happen on gbaSP, DSlite and GBplayer(gamecube).
Any one knows something about this weird gba problem?

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a classic gba and tried my EZ flash IV and it worked perfectly. Then I made the backlit screen mod and the flashcart works fine at first but after a while it started to showing a black screen after nintendo logo. That same flashcart works fine on gbaSP, DSlite and gameboy player but not in the classic GBA, this GBA has no problem with original game cartriges so it's not the cart reader.
If I press R button got the message "initial fat 0" but I repeat, this not happen on gbaSP, DSlite and GBplayer(gamecube).
Any one knows something about this weird gba problem?
U need more power flashcarts pull alot

PinkCelebi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your console’s capacitors are probably going out (they’re reaching EOL) and with the extra power draw of the backlit screen + the power draw of the flashcart, not enough power to boot anything. Plus, if you’re using crappy double AA’s, it’ll exacerbate the problem even more.

So check your caps and make sure you’re using good batteries

Reactions: Tarmfot

MrChido

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Your console’s capacitors are probably going out (they’re reaching EOL) and with the extra power draw of the backlit screen + the power draw of the flashcart, not enough power to boot anything. Plus, if you’re using crappy double AA’s, it’ll exacerbate the problem even more.

So check your caps and make sure you’re using good batteries
Thanks for your repply, I'm using sony rechargable batteries, I will check the capacitors, I think thats the problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night