GBA button configeration on DS

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Electric_Wizard, Nov 23, 2007.

1. Electric_Wizard
    OP

Electric_Wizard GBAtemp Regular

Feb 1, 2003
    Lewes
    I'm getting a DS very shortly, and I'm delighted to see that (with the right equipment) I can play all my old GBA roms on it.

How does button configeration work for GBA games played on a DS. I only ask because I've got my fingers crossed that I'll be able to play StreetFighter Alpha 3 with all 6 buttons on the DS. I suspect that I'm not going to get the answer that I would like, so let me down gently.

Take it easy folks.

2. striding

striding Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 18, 2007
    Sorry to tell you this, but the X&Y buttons are unresponsive in Gba mode.
    However, I also own StreetFighter 3 Alpha for Gba and it plays great on the DS [​IMG]

3. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    Snes/megadrive emulation is not bad these days which is probably the better route.

Also it does not answer your question per se but there is a mod chip to switch the keys used in GBA mode. There was a topic around here in Early September as I recall.

Edit: yeah that is one of them.

4. chuckstudios

chuckstudios Putting the pro in procrastination

Jul 19, 2006
    United States
    North Carolina, USA
  5. Electric_Wizard
    OP

Electric_Wizard GBAtemp Regular

Feb 1, 2003
    Lewes
    I was 99% sure that would be the case. Oh well.

Good idea going the emulation route though. I'll certainly give the trusty snes SSF2T a go.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice