Gaming GBA and N64 Virtual Console on New 3DS needs to happen.

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
Now, we had already heard the news of Super Nintendo games coming to New 3DS. Most people had also rumored and asked about GBA games ending up on the New 3DS as well, along with to a lesser extent the N64. The AGB_FIRM hardware simulation of the GBA on the 3DS does not include any of the features that 3DS VC has, such as Home Menu functionality, sleep mode, suspend functionality and restore points. And in fact, there are even no homebrew N64 emulators on the 3DS just yet.

Which is why I'm sort of beginning to theorize the possibility, if not possible, of a N64 and/or GBA Virtual Console on the New 3DS. Just ask, Nintendo has planned not to release GBA games to the public on the 3DS, and there is no announcement of N64 games yet. Nintendo has also released SNES games on the New 3DS on the same day they announced it, and we are not accurate of this happening to GBA anytime soon. Nintendo 64 games will need a bit of research on whether the New 3DS's processors can run N64 games at full speed or not. PSX via RetroArch runs a little under full speed even on a New 3DS.

If VC injection for SNES can make the VC emulator run (almost) all games at full speed, then it would probably be the same for GBA, on both Virtual Console and AGB_FIRM.

Sans_titre_1.png

I did some research, and concluded using this image that N64 games can fit with a resolution of 320 x 240 on a 400 x 240 3DS screen. Despite that, it's unlikely that we will ever see N64 VC or homebrew emulation anytime soon. But GBA games may still have a chance, we don't know just yet. And the NX is just a long time to wait as well (no offense).

For now, we can still play and inject GBA games under AGB_FIRM on a 3DS, but I'm not just ready to look forward to converting my physical N64 cartridges to New 3DS VC.

D

Deleted User

N64 is a bitch to emulate not many mid-low end PCs can emulate it so good luck with N3DS.

D

Deleted User

Check the OP. I told you PSX games don't run at full speed even on a New 3DS. Hopefully it will improve sooner or later.
PSX is more likely to be full speed, as it uses a simpler 32bit processor and instruction sets unlike the N64. 3DS has ARM processors but N64 has MIPS so there is another limitation/struggle.

Not saying its not possible its just gonna be difficult

Last edited by , , Reason: Clarity
Reactions: CatmanFan

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
PSX is more likely, as it uses a simpler 32bit processor and instruction sets unlike the N64. 3DS has ARM processors but N64 has MIPS so there is another limitation/struggle.

Not saying its not possible its just gonna be difficult
Some N64 games such as Super Mario 64 run in 32-bit, though.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
1st : GBA is a thing.

2nd: N64 is not gonna happen in this time in line of the device. Which is almost finished

3rd: Do you think Nintendo is going to listen to us?

Reactions: CatmanFan

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
1st : GBA is a thing.

2nd: N64 is not gonna happen in this time in line of the device. Which is almost finished

3rd: Do you think Nintendo is going to listen to us?
1. Of course, with the New 3DS's souped up processors that can emulate SNES games at full speed, GBA games are a possibility.

2. What is almost finished?

3. I don't think so, I know Nintendo will not be releasing any GBA or N64 games for now.

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
I know someone has already said this before but GBA is already is a thing and it's not emulated
I already know that. GBA was already made a thing using hardware simulation, remember? It's like DS backwards compatibility on a 3DS. A regular 'old' 3DS can't emulate GBA games, but only simulate GBA games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: how are you doing @K3Nv2