GBA and GBC gamesave backup devices?

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by ACiD GRiM, May 9, 2010.

May 9, 2010
  1. ACiD GRiM
    OP

Newcomer ACiD GRiM Member

United States
    I've been searching for months now for a way to back up my GBA and GBC gamesaves so that I can use them in an emulator. Almost all of the solutions I've seen seem to be out of production. I specifically want to backup Pokemon Yellow and Crystal, because I have hours of play time on them and would hate for the battery to run out and lose the data.

Could you guys please suggest how I can do this? I'm looking for a device under $50.

2. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    If you know how to read a schematic diagram and solder, you can build your own read/writer device.

http://www.ziegler.desaign.de/readplus.htm

scroll down to "Home made programming systems" for the designs and software.

3. TM2-Megatron

Member TM2-Megatron Predacon Commander

Canada
    Well, GBA are incredibly easy to backup with just a DS Lite and Rudolph's GBA Backup Tool.

For GB/GBC, as you've said, there isn't a whole lot in production anymore. THere's also the fact that any of them will need an old-style parallel port to connect to your computer with (though that can still be accommodated with a PCI expansion card, or something).

I bought one of these about a year ago:
    http://www.hkems.com/product/gb/gba-tr.htm

And they do work; and you can still order them. They also have a GBA mode option, but as I've said GBA is much easier to backup with just a DS Lite.

4. Masked Ranger

Member Masked Ranger GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Antarctica
    Try to get something off eBay or try a non-Gamestop type used video store.