GBA and GBC gamesave backup devices?

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by ACiD GRiM, May 9, 2010.

1. ACiD GRiM
    OP

ACiD GRiM Member

Newcomer
    Jun 10, 2008
    United States
    I've been searching for months now for a way to back up my GBA and GBC gamesaves so that I can use them in an emulator. Almost all of the solutions I've seen seem to be out of production. I specifically want to backup Pokemon Yellow and Crystal, because I have hours of play time on them and would hate for the battery to run out and lose the data.

Could you guys please suggest how I can do this? I'm looking for a device under $50.

2. how_do_i_do_that

how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

May 16, 2008
    Antarctica
    You have insufficient posts to view user location.
    If you know how to read a schematic diagram and solder, you can build your own read/writer device.

http://www.ziegler.desaign.de/readplus.htm

scroll down to "Home made programming systems" for the designs and software.

3. TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron Predacon Commander

Feb 10, 2009
    Canada
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Well, GBA are incredibly easy to backup with just a DS Lite and Rudolph's GBA Backup Tool.

For GB/GBC, as you've said, there isn't a whole lot in production anymore. THere's also the fact that any of them will need an old-style parallel port to connect to your computer with (though that can still be accommodated with a PCI expansion card, or something).

I bought one of these about a year ago:
    http://www.hkems.com/product/gb/gba-tr.htm

And they do work; and you can still order them. They also have a GBA mode option, but as I've said GBA is much easier to backup with just a DS Lite.

4. Masked Ranger

Masked Ranger GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 24, 2009
    Try to get something off eBay or try a non-Gamestop type used video store.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice