Android GBA (and GBC) Emulator and OneDrive tips / help ?

Rick Astley

The real one !
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi o/ !
A few weeks ago i've decided to make a huge clean in my huge save collection (will not say how, it's horrible) in my 4 differents PC in order to have something more clean. So i'm using my OneDrive account in order to link all my saves and PC. This way i'm using one save for a game and for every PC.

I'm really fan of this way but i've a problem with Android. I've downloaded the application in order to do something with GBA Emulators but no way to have them working with OneDrive.

I know there's solution by using another app and creating a special folder, but I really would like to avoid this because i don"t want to use an 'unknown' application with my OneDrive.

Any emulator that could support OneDrive ? Or any tip to use it ? I'm a huge user of GameBoid that i'm using since i got my Samsung Galaxy S years ago.

Thank you o/

Rick Astley

The real one !
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey o/ !
Thanks for your answer, I already knew about John Emulators (using a GB one for a hack for Red with SGB colors) but the tier apps for synch with a cloud service / the Dropbox Or OneDrive is something I absolutly want to avoid sadly T_T

Shoud check for Windows Phone for playing... I can find them for cheap OTL

Reactions: Braig

Rick Astley

The real one !
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm bumping this because of new things :

I really want to do a steup for my emulation with One Drive. I'm playing a lot my Pokemon Games, and I own 3 PC and 3 Android Devices. So my goal was to be able to play my games on any device, without having to upload / move / download saves between each device. For the moment, my setup PC / One Drive is perfect. I'm using that for a few years, and it's perfect. My saves can be load on any device, can save, etc, no messing up with that.

But I'd like to play with my game everywhere, something I can't with my PCs. So I wanted to setup an Android / One Drive like i've done with my PC / One Drive. But now i've a lot of issues. The One Drive apps doesn't do any synchronisation with folders. The app just shows what you have in your drive, and you can manage them OR download the files to a folder. But this would be still too messy. I'd have to download the save, play with it and reupload it. Not fun. I'd like an auto-synchronisation from a folder.

There's an application like that : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ttxapps.onesyncv2 that does what I want. But it's not something official and i want to be SURE of something (because of security, the fact i've to link my account, and the fact that my saves have precious data)

Anybody tried that ? Or with a good way ?

Bonus question : Does Drastic allows to select the folder where to save .dsv files ? Planning to buy it but would like to be sure of this before.

Thanks o/

D

Deleted User

Hope I'm not posting too late here.

Personally, I just use FolderSync. It works with various cloud hosting services, including MEGA and OneDrive. It's great, too; I have MEGASync installed on my computer, which syncs files to my MEGA Account, so I can instantly continue playing on my PC what I started on my phone, and vice versa. I use it mainly for my GBA Games, and it's handy to transfer your Pokemon from one save to another on your PC, then continue playing on your phone with you changes automatically intact.

The MyBoy! emulator also has a built-in save sync with Google Drive, but this feature is omitted from the free version.

Rick Astley

The real one !
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for your answer !

It's not too late, always checking / looking for solutions to be honnest. I'm gonna investigate more into your tool. Could be interesting.
And not really interested by the Google Drive save (i was aware of it but i'm on OneDrive, would like to stay on this to be honnest)

Thank you again o/

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I came to like french Camembert
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People get way too self conscious about ingredients
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Grilled peanut butter sandwiches with banana, bacon, and marshmallow cream. YUM!!!!
    one of my favorites
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Okay elvis
    fuck elvis. lol :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My type c cable is starting to die guess I better order one from my desk
    sounds like something Ween would play
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    And here I thought I was the only one that buy cables in bulk
    Nope. Theres two of you! Haha
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They're so cheap now why not
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I like the L angle connectors which add more force to it I guess which defeats the point
    i only buy new ones when theres a new standard and I have gear that uses it. Otherwise my cables seem to last forever.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Ween made a song about waving dicks in the wind.
    +1
    L angle cables are amazing when needed.
    @SylverReZ Yup. Been a longtime fan of Ween. Not a mega-fan by any means but I'm pretty familiar with most of their tunes.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You like the wee
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I like electronics that use detachable cables, that way if the cable breaks you can just swap in a new one instead of replacing the whole unit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Ween-er :creep:
    they make brown music. lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Brown note
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    for keyboards, headphones or controllers ,it's a must have
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know why mice won't get with detachable type c
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    most battery operated mice don't even work anymore if the internal battery dies
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: most battery operated mice don't even work anymore if the internal battery dies