Hacking GBA and DS(i) on a9lh, how?

Townsperson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have Cubic Ninja.

So how would I do it? Would I just boot into Homebrew Launcher using Cubic Ninja, and then run Decrypt9WIP and it would be able to write my sysNAND? So if I take the 9.2 backup, I can restore it later?

If Gateway ever makes a loader .bin (they probably will, in a month or two...) I might look into that.

With a9lh? You boot decrypt9 before anything else. It doesn't matter if you have SysNand at 9.2 or 10.7, you boot decrypt9 before SysNand launches. No need for Cubic Ninja or any other homebrew entry point.

Townsperson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How? Is there a .bin I put on my SD for that?

If you're using AureiNand, you put the decrypt9.bin file in the /rei folder, and rename it to arm9payload.bin (Or something along those lines). Then, you can launch that at boot by holding L+R.

You need some additional files for full use of Decrypt9, but I believe full backup/restore should work.

Last edited by Townsperson,

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys

I was able to use CDNto3DS (from "eShop Toolkit") to download my GBA games into .cia files by getting the keys from decTitleKeys.

But when I try it for DSiware, I get this:

CDNto3DS.py 000480044B554E45 [removed so I don't get in trouble]
Downloading TMD...
Done

Content count: 1

Content ID: 00000000
Content Index: 0000
Downloaded 8342528 of 8342528 bytes (100.00%)
Decryption failed. Wrong title key?

That's for the Uno DSiware that I attempted to open in the video I posted earlier.

As I said, all of these were downloaded legally, so I don't have any .cia files lying around. There might be some on the usual piracy sites, but I don't trust them, I'd prefer to make my own if it's possible.

I'm guessing that the CDN downloading scripts aren't really meant for DSiware. So is there something that is?

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to install them both on the sysNAND and emuNAND as well patch your AGB_FIRM for GBA games.

OK, so I made CIAs of all 10 ambassador games, installed them on sysNAND. Ran FBI on both sysNAND and emuNAND to install the patched AGB_FIRM

It still crashes in both sysNAND and emuNAND mode.

What am I doing wrong now?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol