GBA #2748 - Shrek the Third (USA)

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by shaunj66, May 19, 2007.

May 19, 2007
  1. shaunj66
    OP

Administrator shaunj66 Administrator

United Kingdom
    ^^release-2748^^

2. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    A very boring and unimaginative title, slightly better than the DS game but not by much. You've played this many times before on many crappy tie in games.

3. Timo710

Member Timo710 GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    Hadrian, you actually play all these movie spin-off games, Don't you?

You are a brave man indeed!

4. Hadrian

United Kingdom
    Yup, occasionally you get the odd decent game like TMNT or Spider-man 3 (GBA versions that is).

5. blahman

Member blahman GBAtemp Regular

United States
    PLEAAAAAAAAAAASE

Let the GBA R.I.P

6. [M]artin

Member [M]artin .

United States
    PLEAAAAAAAAAAASE

Let SHREK R.I.P

7. Hadrian

United Kingdom
    Agree, boring franchise. Anyone seen IGN's top 10 CGI films? Not only is Shrek 1 & 2 in it but so is Cars but no sign of Monster House, I swear IGN gets worse every year.

8. chalupa

Member chalupa GBAtemp Fan

United States
    though it was mostly due to Toy Story, Shrek helped set the CG standard
    (which doesn't seem to be very high if you watch Hoodwinked) But I respect Shrek, I really enjoyed the second one.

9. TPi

Former Staff TPi One Tired Raccoon

Canada
    Dupe of Shrek_the_Third_USA_GBA-OMGba (5/14/07).
    Major_League_Baseball_2k7_USA_GBA-OMGba (5/17/07) needs to be posted as well.

10. funem

Member funem Retro Powered..

United Kingdom

There are some GBA games that are great, some are better than the DS ones, TMNT for example. Its not the GBA that should RIP its the crud games. There are just as many crud games released for the DS but you would say that should RIP as well.

There are some more FF games on the way for the GBA as well so they should be nice to look forward to.

Anyhow some people dont have a DS and like the GBA, so roll on with more GOOD games thats what I say. [​IMG]

( BTW I Have a GBA, SP, Micro, DS and a DS Lite so I dont care what console it is as long as the games are good )

11. opcode32

Member opcode32 powerh8er par excellence

United States
    OMGba

12. speechless

Member speechless Friend Of GBATemp

United States

13. Admiral

Newcomer Admiral Member

United States

watch thread at gbarl.it

14. speechless

Member speechless Friend Of GBATemp

United States
    how bout instead i watch you make a jack ass out of yourself
    and hijack this thread just like you fucking krauts do every time.

15. newkidontheblock

Newcomer newkidontheblock Member

Afghanistan

16. 3210123

Newcomer 3210123 Newbie

Canada
    This has become rather childish...

To validate any of OMGba's (or their 'fanbase's') claims, one needs to step back and offer evidence that a dump and a pre actually happened. To tell the brutal truth, there were no mentions of the game being dumped by OMGba between 2-4 days ago (after they 'pre'd' and before Sir VG released their dump). The sad fact is that there is none of this proof...the 'proof' only started appearing after Sir VG had dumped and released the game, and only in the form of "Uh...OMGba did it first. Yeah." or "This is a dupe, noob!".

Even if you work under the assumption that OMGba did, genuinely, dump the game, and "spread it to the gba romsites" (as people like TPi and Admiral keep monotonously chanting), what reason did said "gba romsites" have for not posting the rom? I mean, show a dog a piece of meat and he'll jump for it, right?

Considering this, we come to the ultimate conclusion that OMGba may have indeed dumped and packed the game, but failed to release it at all (ie 'hoarding'); Sir VG releases the game 4 days later without any action by OMGba to secure the game they worked to get and dump (through any means; I don't really care how groups get their cartridges) and a few fans/members of the group become infuriated over the possibility of 'dupage' when OMGba is at fault for not releasing their game properly 4 days before Sir VG. Their pack still hasn't come to light, so they may not have gotten as far as packing, or even dumping! If they have the cartridge at all, it could very well still be sitting, undumped, on a desk somewhere.

You can't expect to be given a gold medal by sitting in front of the finish line.

So here we are now. Sir VG's dump spreads like wildfire (like they always do) within 2-3 hours of pre. OMGba's dump is still absolutely nowhere to be seen, supposedly after 4 days. There's 2 reasons for this: 1) OMGba really, really sucks at releasing, and should find a new means of doing so, or 2) Their Shrek 3 dump is a myth, perpetuated by TPi (who indeed formerly worked with Sir VG, now works with OMGba...but that's a story for another day).

Concerning the theory of Sir VG repacking or relabeling the rom, that's impossible. Not only would OMGba's dump have to have been available at least somewhere for Sir VG to find it, but considering Sir VG's standard procedure of including a cartridge scan with the games, which is unique to Sir VG, proves that Sir VG had a cartridge, and had no reason to repack. Checksums matching between the 2 files is evidence of it being a good, clean dump, not repacking.

OMGba? If you're listening...I'd pre that MLB game right quick...it's still fair game, you know...

Edit: Rephrased certain bits to work better with online translators, just in case

17. rest0re

Member rest0re GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Finland
    another webwarez group war [​IMG] how interesting [​IMG]

18. .TakaM

Member .TakaM .II

New Zealand
    why do they have to always make a game?
    any successful or CGI movie gets a game, and they almost always suck
    they can't really make that much money from it can they?

19. shaunj66
    OP

Administrator shaunj66 Administrator

United Kingdom
    The proof is in the pudding. Clueless parents and relatives buy this shit for their kids just because they know they enjoyed the movie. It's all in the brand name.

I'm sure they make enough money to justify churning this junk out.

20. opcode32

Member opcode32 powerh8er par excellence

United States
    Just because you can't find something (on http/xddc/public ftp?) doesn't mean it's not out and should be just duped. end of story.

Edit: This is also not the only release that was posted incorrectly.it seems some mods just post whatever release is aviable to the public first, instead of doing some research and trying to find out which grp actually put a release out first. besides some hardcore collectors noone really cares about gba anymore, so sometimes a game can take awhile to spread even tho it was pred on really good sites to begin with.