Homebrew gb4gb emulator for wii (Run multiple game boys at once)

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This. Is amazing. If only there was a way to
1. Get this thing to do GBA games (Long shot, and I don't expect original dev to do it)
2. Let the Wii connect to another GameBoy through some sort of USB cable. (Does such a cord even exist?)

sergster1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TehSkull said:
1. Get this thing to do GBA games (Long shot, and I don't expect original dev to do it)
2. Let the Wii connect to another GameBoy through some sort of USB cable. (Does such a cord even exist?)

Ohh wait |: thought you said wii to wii. If he gets access to the GC ports of the wii then yes he can do it. (the GC ports do run in wii mode btw) here

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sergster1 said:
TehSkull said:

Answer to number two Here
Umm the GBA, last I checked, doesn't have a USB port. It has a special port for the link cable and power for some accessories.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i don't know how to make the windows bigger is there anyway to do that or slow it down a little bit?

MFDC12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TehSkull said:
sergster1 said:
TehSkull said:

Umm the GBA, last I checked, doesn't have a USB port. It has a special port for the link cable and power for some accessories.

This.

Just to mention, you can technically hook it up to the wii/a gc, with the gc connect cable
smile.gif

D

Deleted-236924

TehSkull said:
sergster1 said:
TehSkull said:

But it's possible to have a cable with an USB port at one end and a GBA port on the other end.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Pingouin7 said:
TehSkull said:
sergster1 said:
TehSkull said:

But it's possible to have a cable with an USB port at one end and a GBA port on the other end.
considering no such cable exist and that you would need to code everything on the USB side to translate then understand the GBA protocol to get it working with the emulator, I'd say you will never get what you are dreaming of .

you can also stop dreaming of GBA muti-screen emulation on Wii, the emulator already reaches system limits with one GBA instance, so...

whoomph

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
JinTrigger said:
Now if this has wifi support then we'd be cooking
'we' ain't cooking nothing (unless you're Daid)
I would f***ing love to see a gbatemp game boy tetris knockout tournament but I think this emulator is already cooking without 'wifi' (Do you mean internet or 2 wiis & 2 tvs?)
How many console emulators (for wii) have this ability? That's right.

Last night I played 2-player game boy tetris with my dad for the first time in 15 years. And it was good.
This emu pwns. The author has explained everything that's wrong with it and lots of things he intends to improve (or has ALREADY fixed for next release)
Thank you Daid.

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DJPlace said:
plasma dragon007 said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbie:_Game_Girl

Anybody looking forward to this?
smileipb2.png
Nobody?

Me neither.
tpi.gif
gba.gif

i rember playing and beating that game... all it just shows is barbie dancing with ken that's all folks.
I question your motives for actually playing through 'that' game.

If it actually had anything more than dancing at the end, it wouldn't be a Barbie game.
unsure.gif

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know its bizarre to bring this back from the past like this, but was there ever an update for this thing? If not, would anyone be able to take on a few challenges with this thing?

The reason I ask is that me and my friend have been playing Pokemon Red and Blue together on the same screen (his tv has a nice Zoom feature, so it actually took up most of the tv screen for both of us to play). I noticed when we initially tried to have one of us play gold and the other silver, the games would have a significant lag once you were moving around the maps. My belief is that its because these are full color games. Is it possible for two to play the second gen pokemon games with minimal lag? Cuz the release I have just makes it too slow to be a viable option.

I imagine that simply adding an option to disable audio on whichever screen(s) you want could enough of an improvement to at least increase the speed of the above issue.

Also could someone integrate USB loading for the game selections?

I love this thing, its just such a shame that it never seemed to see an update.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know it's crazy to bump this thread again as I did years ago. But this is one of my favorite homebrew things the Wii ever had. Me and my buddy got great use of playing Pokemon Red and Blue at the same time on the tv. Does anyone know of any updated builds this release may have had, or if the source is available if anyone would wanna take a look at it and maybe try and make it run a bit better, possibly boost the speed so that gbc games dont have such slowdow, limit the sound output to only one of the emulated game boys, and possibly increase the max size of each gb screen, it's so small on the tv, I use the zoom feature on the tv and it helps, but it could still be better.

sindrik

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is amazing, seriously. I remember talking about this years ago before release in other threads, it's really nice that someone crystallized finally this great idea in 2011. Kudos to Daid, i wonder what happened to this.

I know it's crazy to bump this thread again as I did years ago. But this is one of my favorite homebrew things the Wii ever had. Me and my buddy got great use of playing Pokemon Red and Blue at the same time on the tv. Does anyone know of any updated builds this release may have had, or if the source is available if anyone would wanna take a look at it and maybe try and make it run a bit better, possibly boost the speed so that gbc games dont have such slowdow, limit the sound output to only one of the emulated game boys, and possibly increase the max size of each gb screen, it's so small on the tv, I use the zoom feature on the tv and it helps, but it could still be better.
Source was never published, i think.

Last edited by sindrik,

Alex S

Creator Of WWHDM, And Metroid Fusion XER0X!
Trophies
Website
www.erm.wut
XP
Country
United States
gb4gb, a new game boy/color/super emulator has been released for wii by Daid
It's an early release with quite a few noted problems/problem games but it has some fantastic features already:
  • Emulate up to 4 game boys on screen at once!
    blink.gif
    blink.gif
    blink.gif
    blink.gif
  • Working link cable emulation between 1st & 2nd game boy and 3rd & 4th (Pokemon trading works!!
    wink.gif
    )
I really hope this emulator keeps the author's interest for a while.
(download link)
(source - wiibrew)

EDIT: Both Tetris & Mortal Kombat work while linked. Street Fighter 2 crashed after the intro music. He's still getting top marks from me.

can someone say four swords? HELL YESH!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s