Hacking gb micro & ez flash iv phat

DustinThacker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
i recently bought an ez flash iv phat online through amazon for use with my gameboy micro. it works great for playing all the gba games. havent tried any homebrew yet but i wil soon. im having a problem figuring out how to install cheats for the games. on the psp you just drag the .cht file in with the games and i know you cant do that on ez flash cause of how you load the games. can someone tell me how to work it? i have searched all over google.

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
get the ez IV client here. Point the client to the folder, on your PC, where the cheat files reside. When you send the rom over to your mini sd card, check off the cheating option.

Reactions: 1 person

DustinThacker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
my bad it wasnt amazon but here is the link, its 45 dollars us with a i gig card. http://www.realhotst...124_58_109.html and i dled the client ran it and chose the game. but it wouldnt let me check the cheat file or select it. it was greyed out. some games it will let me and some wont. i only really want it for pokemon to have all the master balls.

mjax

Trophies
XP
Country
I myself bought the same card yesterday from another source and it's yet to be shipped. Just been wondering though if a real Mini SD card is really important. I could easily get a uSD to Mini SD adapter but I am finding it difficult to buy a Mini SD card for they are quite rare now.

Are you actually using the adapter with a Micro SD card?

Edit: LMAO, I am PMing several eBay sellers asking them if they would like to sell their Mini SD cards which they have bundled with their phones. xD

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game name and cheat file have to have the same exact name. The only difference is the file extension. Get your cheats here :D
#1 Click "Open" to open the rom file (your game)
#2 Now that your game is selected, click the little bubble in the client, where the cheats section resides. A menu will open
#3 This is where you point the client to your .cht file
#4 Click "Send"
#5 Enjoy, you cheater!

DustinThacker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
lol yes im using a 2 gig micro sd with a mini sd adapter. i have about 50 gba games on it. the ez flash iv wont read my 4 gig. i think 2 is the highest it will go.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I myself bought the same card yesterday from another source and it's yet to be shipped. Just been wondering though if a real Mini SD card is really important. I could easily get a uSD to Mini SD adapter but I am finding it difficult to buy a Mini SD card for they are quite rare now.

Edit: LMAO, I am PMing several eBay sellers asking them if they would like to sell their Mini SD cards which they have bundled with their phones. xD
Uhh...they aren't that hard to find online...Hell, I bought mine from dealextreme for like...$20 for 2GB.

mjax

Trophies
XP
Country

Uhh...they aren't that hard to find online...Hell, I bought mine from dealextreme for like...$20 for 2GB.

Haha, you got scammed or something!!!!
Just kidding

An eBayer agreed to sell 2 quantity of 2gigs Mini SD cards for $13 shipped. Of course used, I think the brand is Nokia, they will list it in an hour. :)

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States

Haha, you got scammed or something!!!!
Just kidding

An eBayer agreed to sell 2 quantity of 2gigs Mini SD cards for $13 shipped. Of course used, I think the brand is Nokia, they will list it in an hour. :)
Meh, beats emailing ebay users asking for theirs. :P

zerolinks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slightly off topic but would the same cheat process work with the M3 lite?

(yeah I still have one that saves)

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look into this program. GBAATM hard-codes cheats into the rom using a free RAM area. Its extremely easy to use. Pick your game, import the cheat file (.cht) or input your own raw gameshark cheat codes (lots of info in the readme.txt file, if you don't understand) and select the output file name/location. The program's developer said you can pretty much use the default settings for every game. Don't forget to run the rom through EZ Flash client to send it your micro sd card after you use GBAATM.
**The GBAATM program has a setting for activating the cheats, or you can have cheats activated from the time the game boots. Give it a try. :D

mjax

Trophies
XP
Country
lol i got my adapter for 1.30 us dollars on amazon

Wait until you learn it hard way!
Troll-Face-4efef98405000.png

Reactions: 1 person

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
First yes we highly suggest proper miniSD cards- those adapters have a long history of causing read errors. It is not certain but the overwhelming majority of non software usage problems these days are solved immediately by getting a miniSD and not using an adapter, we know they are hard to find but make the effort (also try avoiding hong kong sellers as they are not the most reliable of sources).
4 gigs means it is almost certainly SDHC and if not it is still unlikely to work (2 gigs is the limit of the SD spec but a few people broke spec and made 4 gig ones).

Cheats.... the EZ4 does have onboard cheat support but I do not like it. Go with GBAATM http://gbatemp.net/topic/99334-gba-auto-trainer-makergbaatm/ , yes it works on anything that runs GBA roms. You also have several trainers should you so desire- http://gba.dellicious.de/trainer.php?s=n&o=asc&d=

elgarta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got an adapter in my EZ-flash iv but it works fine. The actual adapter got stuck in there and I cannot remove it, so that might be part of it... But the micro sd is still removable :)

GBAATM is certainly the way to go due to the carts not-so-good cheat support. I mean it's there, but goodluck getting it to work

DustinThacker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Look into this program. GBAATM hard-codes cheats into the rom using a free RAM area. Its extremely easy to use. Pick your game, import the cheat file (.cht) or input your own raw gameshark cheat codes (lots of info in the readme.txt file, if you don't understand) and select the output file name/location. The program's developer said you can pretty much use the default settings for every game. Don't forget to run the rom through EZ Flash client to send it your micro sd card after you use GBAATM.
**The GBAATM program has a setting for activating the cheats, or you can have cheats activated from the time the game boots. Give it a try. :D

im trying this out right now. ..............................................looks good so far..................................game loaded.........game playing............. damn. pokeball cheat worked but when i went to my trainer card to check money it glitched and i had to shut it off. lol but it works

DustinThacker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I've got an adapter in my EZ-flash iv but it works fine. The actual adapter got stuck in there and I cannot remove it, so that might be part of it... But the micro sd is still removable :)

GBAATM is certainly the way to go due to the carts not-so-good cheat support. I mean it's there, but goodluck getting it to work

lol my adapter is pretty much permanent as well. but a pair of tweezers works

elgarta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

lol my adapter is pretty much permanent as well. but a pair of tweezers works

So it wasn't just me, good. I haven't tried to remove it yet incase I do start getting corrupted saves like people say, so I am just happy that no other devices I own use a mini-sd

D

Deleted-236924

My miniSD lasted about half a year and died.
I was able to backup everything just in time, though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: