Hacking GB Micro and Supercard MiniSD a good combo?

Futurdreamz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm hoping to pick up a cheap GameBoy Micro to put on my keychain and to put a flashcard in it to hold the GBA library on it. I've been trying to get more information about this, but there's a lot of linkrot. Does it sound like a decent plan? Does the Supercard work fine for GBA roms? Where can I buy the Supercard MiniSD?

Last edited by Futurdreamz,

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I'm hoping to pick up a cheap GameBoy Micro to put on my keychain and to put a flashcard in it to hold the GBA library on it. I've been trying to get more information about this, but there's a lot of linkrot. Does it sound like a decent plan? Does the Supercard work fine for GBA roms? Where can I buy the Supercard MiniSD?

Your keys are going to scratch the crap out of the Micro.

Why wouldn't you get an EZFlash IV?

Futurdreamz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Your keys are going to scratch the crap out of the Micro.

Why wouldn't you get an EZFlash IV?
1. I will get an hardshell case for the Micro or get one that's already dinged up so it doesn't matter. I had actually ordered one online for the sole purpose of doing this but when it arrived it was a mint condition 20th anniversary so I couldn't bear to scratch it.

2. What is an EZFlash IV?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The EZ4 is a GBA flash cart, these days back being kind of updated and also back in production which means you can find one quite easily. The supercards were never good GBA flash carts -- slowdowns, incompatibility, general annoyances... unlike basically every other GBA flash cart which is why you can still find them for sale.
Here is the list of trouble games for the EZ4 and how to fix most of them http://gbatemp.net/threads/buying-a-gba-flash-cart-in-2013.341203/page-18#post-4756995

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I have both.

The Supercard I have is a SC Lite, so it fits flush in a DS Lite. That's the only advantage it has I would say, and that's a real advantage, but not one that would matter for your purposes. For a GBM I'd go for the EZFlash IV, if for no other reason than that you can actually find one, and you can get help from here if you have trouble because other people have them too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah forgot to turn that off