[GB] Goku Gekitouden English/German

Ridley8819

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
During the end of the 90s I bought Goku Gekitouden on eBay. First I disliked it, but then I got really addicted to it.

The thing is: I had it in a (bad) german translation. Years later when I was looking for it, I found that there was never a release outside of Japan.

For 10 years I search on and off for aftermarket cartridges in english or german. I used the english patch from romhacking.net a few times which only translates a minor part of the game. But I never found a german one.

Does anyone know where you could get one? Or where this german translation came from? I'd appreciate any information!

acocalypso

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, i stumpeld upon that thread as I was looking for the same.
As a kid i had also a german, english and also a france version of that game with very poor translation.

Im also not able to find that game anywhere online. If some in Germany does own the cart message me I can dump it.

I really would like to play that game again :D

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Must have been super rare if it was Goodtools is one of the sets that tends to find old translations, versions and whatever else and add them to the list, and even ignoring the Chinese stuff it might well have tile hacked versions that romhacking.net ( http://www.romhacking.net/?page=tra...100&order=&dir=&title=&author=&transsearch=Go should be all the German translations there, as a rule the site does opt for things of some quality/notability to avoid the "I changed the starter pokemon" problem but I can't imagine something that old and even flawed would be skipped if known about), zophar's domain ( https://www.zophar.net/ https://www.zophar.net/search?search=dragon mentioning nothing) and whatever else lack. There were tourist trap ? in 1 carts at the time so I could well imagine there being someone dumping a translation on a cart and flogging that, though my knowledge of the German scene around that time is basically non existent, and various law changes as well as general attrition saw a lot of vintage German emulation/ROM hacking/news sites vanish.

https://github.com/kelledge/goodtools/blob/master/goodtools.gbx.txt
This is their entire list for Dragon Ball
Code:
Dragon Ball Z - Densetsu no Chou Senshitachi (J) [C].gbc
Dragon Ball Z - Gokuu Gekitouden (J) [S].gb
Dragon Ball Z - Gokuu Hishouden (J) [S][b1].gb
Dragon Ball Z - Gokuu Hishouden (J) [S][b2].gb
Dragon Ball Z - Gokuu Hishouden (J) [S][b3].gb
Dragon Ball Z - Gokuu Hishouden (J) [S].gb
Dragon Ball Z - Gokuu Hishouden (J) [S][T+Chi].gb
Dragon Ball Z - Guerreros de Leyenda (S) [C][!].gbc
Dragon Ball Z - I Leggendari Super Guerrieri (I) [C][!].gbc
Dragon Ball Z - Legendaere Superkaempfer (G) [C][!].gbc
Dragon Ball Z - Legendary Super Warriors (E) [C].gbc
Dragon Ball Z - Legendary Super Warriors (U) [C].gbc

They do have other German translations; do a page search on the link for "T+Ger" and it includes some very obscure things.

I would presume you remember the game well enough that it is not the "Legendaere Superkaempfer" version.

If you are really bored you might find something in https://web.archive.org/web/*/http://bubbz.pocketheaven.com/* that the other two lack but the index does not appear to be there so you will be going a bit more manual.

acocalypso

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to find a listing of the game it was sold as Dragonball Z 3 (english translation)
I bought it and will dump it afterwards.

$_59.jpg

Ridley8819

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I was able to find a listing of the game it was sold as Dragonball Z 3 (english translation)
I bought it and will dump it afterwards.

Sweet. Mind to tell where you found it? Can you confirm it is Goku Gekitouden?

Must have been super rare if it was Goodtools is one of the sets that tends to find old translations, versions and whatever else and....
Thanks for your input.

All I can say is, I bought it back then on eBay. I had no knowledge to fake cartriges or anything, the concolusion came way later to me.

Specially since I know how difficult it is to pull such a translation off, I was confused as hell to find out this was some kind of custom rom.

Thanks to that picture I was able to find a used cartriged on ebay again, I hope I can get my hands on it and if so, I can upload a dump.

Edit: I can't believe it, Here is the english one from hhug.me 😁

Attachments

• Dragon Ball Z 3.zip
    629.4 KB · Views: 167
Last edited by Ridley8819,
Reactions: assassinz

Ridley8819

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Edit:
Got my Hands now on the German Version cartrige, but any attempt in dumping the ROM failed so far (using Submodule and Joey).
I will post here once I got it to work.

Last edited by Ridley8819,

Gadem

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Thanks for your input.

All I can say is, I bought it back then on eBay. I had no knowledge to fake cartriges or anything, the concolusion came way later to me.

Specially since I know how difficult it is to pull such a translation off, I was confused as hell to find out this was some kind of custom rom.

Thanks to that picture I was able to find a used cartriged on ebay again, I hope I can get my hands on it and if so, I can upload a dump.

Love u bro, thanks! i have searching this translate for decades!

Reactions: Ridley8819

Gadem

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Thanks for your input.

Love u bro, thanks! i have searching this translate for decades!

Naxblackraven

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Thanks for your input.

i have downloaded the game, but as soon as i get in the first fight, i strt with zero HP and just go game over

Lapecium

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Played this game for ages as a kid. Also got the german version, bought in czech early 2000 i believe.
Stumbled across this thread when also searching for it. Seems there is no evidence at all that there is a german version besides our memories.

Still got the game and now finally my gbxcart arrived today. Here it is in its full glory :D
DRACHENBALLE lol

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    34.6 KB · Views: 41
  • 2.png
    2.png
    33.8 KB · Views: 42
  • 3.png
    3.png
    35.3 KB · Views: 32
  • GB DBZ GOKOU 2.zip