GB/GBC not working?

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by feriol, Jun 14, 2007.

1. feriol
    OP

feriol GBAtemp Regular

Nov 23, 2005
    Gambia, The
    I just got a complaint that a colleague's SC Lite wouldn't play GBC ROMs. Tried it myself (just in case he made a mistake), no go - freezez right after the GBA BIOS screen. I then tried using the standalone Goomba Color alpha6, which proceeds to boot, but won't see the rom I attached to it.
    Same thing with my SCSD, which I know worked at some point (before upgrading to 1.81). Firmware on both cards is 1.81 - anyone else experience problems like this? Any suggestions/solutions?

2. PuddingSenator

PuddingSenator Member

Newcomer
    Jun 12, 2006
    United States
    I'm experiencing the same issue with PC-Engine, Sega Master System, and NES roms. Did the built-in emulators just break with this new firmware update?

3. feriol
    OP

feriol GBAtemp Regular

Nov 23, 2005
    Gambia, The
    Okay, I did some more testing, and it seems like the only way to run emulators right now is to use their standalone versions, "hardwire" the ROM to them -and- finally shove them through the SC patcher (which I think also wasn't necessary before).
    I only tested it with Goomba, but PCE/SMS/FC -should- work that way too.

I'm not sure it was -this- FW upgrade that broke them, but if it was, it did it's job really well, since even a downgrade to 1.70 doesn't fix anything.

edit: My bad - going back to 1.70 works, actually. As does using 1.80, so if you can live with a few bugs...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice