Emulation Oldies GB/GBC Link Cable games? (NOT GBA)

Arcaden

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just want to play Mario Golf for GBC with another 3ds over local wireless play, is there any way to do that? I searched online for an hour (nearly every post was about GBA instead of GB lol) and found out about GameYob, but I couldn’t find a list of link cable compatibility, only that “only simple games will work”. I guess what I’m asking is, is there a compatibility list anywhere? Is there more up-to-date information than the 2013 posts I was able to find? Is there a better emulator than GameYob to do this on the 3ds?

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just want to play Mario Golf for GBC with another 3ds over local wireless play, is there any way to do that? I searched online for an hour (nearly every post was about GBA instead of GB lol) and found out about GameYob, but I couldn’t find a list of link cable compatibility, only that “only simple games will work”. I guess what I’m asking is, is there a compatibility list anywhere? Is there more up-to-date information than the 2013 posts I was able to find? Is there a better emulator than GameYob to do this on the 3ds?
Nope there has never been a way only select Pokémon gbc games had this officially

Deleted member 323844

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
You are probably
Nope there has never been a way only select Pokémon gbc games had this officially
Many GB/GBC games supported the Link Cable, including Mario Golf.

Problem is, those protocols require some very precise timing from the instances of the emulator, and WiFi network probably won't provide that, not to mention that Link Cable was a feature never fully developed on GameYob or GameYob 3DS. I could work, I haven't tried, but chances are low.

Deleted member 323844

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I have tried GameYob DS/DSi on DS Lite/N3DS and, surprisingly enough, it sorta works. In order to make VS Mode option work you have to press the A button at the same time in both consoles. Most of the tries it will give you a Link Error and, even if it reaches ingame, game will be desynced after when you hit the ball for the first time. And even then, courses are probably wrong, since player one starts at the beginning of the course and player two starts right at the green xD

So, yeah, it's unplayable.

Again, NiFi is probably everything but reliable to emulate the Link Cable timings.

< NDSL + DS-TV-OUT | N3DS + KATSUKITY >​

Last edited by Deleted member 323844,
Reactions: Zense

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Im back