GB Color - backlight installation in UK?

Quackington

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,

I've been meaning to buy a Gameboy Color recently, and whilst there are lots floating around on eBay, none of the new/refurbished ones seem to have a backlight installed. Also, I've found a nice crystal case one that I'd like to get a backlight fitted in. Are there any decent places in the UK that will put this together, or is there anyone on this board that can do it? I would, of course, pay for the service...would just like a decent job done, and hopefully as close to backlight quality as the brighter, GBA SP (AGS-101, I think).

If anyone knows where I can buy new/refurbished pre-modded ones, that'd be great.

Thanks.

Mickkn

Trophies
XP
Country
I didn't know that it was possible to backlight mod the GBC. Only frontlight... guess i'll follow this thread :)

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I didn't know that it was possible to backlight mod the GBC. Only frontlight... guess i'll follow this thread :)
Indeed you can't. As far as I know.

Hi all,

I've been meaning to buy a Gameboy Color recently, and whilst there are lots floating around on eBay, none of the new/refurbished ones seem to have a backlight installed. Also, I've found a nice crystal case one that I'd like to get a backlight fitted in. Are there any decent places in the UK that will put this together, or is there anyone on this board that can do it? I would, of course, pay for the service...would just like a decent job done, and hopefully as close to backlight quality as the brighter, GBA SP (AGS-101, I think).

If anyone knows where I can buy new/refurbished pre-modded ones, that'd be great.

Thanks.
I suppose you're mixing things up, as the GBC can't be backlit, but only FRONT LIT, like the good ol' GBAs.

That means you will have a result similiar to the first GBA SP.

Quackington

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks guys. So, does / can anyone here provide such a service if I get a GBC? Or do you guys know where I can get this done in the UK?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lDRjqI-fBVI&pp=ygUPVml0Z2luIG1hZ2ljaWFu