Gay times with firefox...help me please!!

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm forced to use IE to post this as I cant with Firefox because when I click on the "Post new topic" button it does nothing. Same on any other forum, same when i try to use google or any other search box, even when I just press the enter key...doesn't work. Enter key does work on the address bar but nothing else, I can't even log in on any sites.

So I need some help please, as this is annoying me and Firefox (V2.0.0.3) is the only browser I like to use.

Thank you for your time.

Little

I r Little
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My firefox works perfectly =) Hence its either your system or some weird add-on that you have.

I'd recommend removing your add-ons one by one, restarting firefox properly after each and every uninstall. See if that makes it work. If it doesnt, then I'd recommend completly uninstalling and reinstalling the whole of firefox =) Thats my 2 pennies.

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Already removed add ons then uninstalled, same crap happening.
frown.gif

Got spyware cleaner already.

Thanks anyway.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
For the last couple months I have not been able to add things to my favorites by the normal method. I'd have to click Bookmarks, then Bookmark This Page. But it won't save unless I click a folder besides the auto Bookmarks folder. It does though if I choose Bookmarks below it though :wtf:. Also, if I keep the default name, it makes a bookmark with no name and keeps the "make bookmark" window open. So I have to punch an extra letter in, then push backspace and it thinks I've changed the name and saves it normal for me.

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the last couple months I have not been able to add things to my favorites by the normal method. I'd have to click Bookmarks, then Bookmark This Page. But it won't save unless I click a folder besides the auto Bookmarks folder. It does though if I choose Bookmarks below it though :wtf:. Also, if I keep the default name, it makes a bookmark with no name and keeps the "make bookmark" window open. So I have to punch an extra letter in, then push backspace and it thinks I've changed the name and saves it normal for me.
Yeah been doing that to me since last year!

Strider

Next to the mainstream
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Very very weird. Not having this, been using firefox a long time.

On a windows box I'd recommend complete removal and then reinstallation of Firefox.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.