Status
Not open for further replies.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Long gone are the times when marriage was a religious ceremony and now it is more or less a legal statement on a piece of paper; by this reasoning, I don't see any reason to not allow gay marriage. Perhaps the state should better define the term marriage as "legal marriage" rather than "Christian marriage."

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chrisman01, I cannot believe you were stupid enough to just create another thread when a Supervisor locked the other. That doesn't give you the right. I have reported your thread to get taken down because one is enough, and it seems this useless of a thread is getting no where.

People have many many opinions, of course the thread is going to be half for and half against. Just grow up and learn to deal with the fact that Gay people will never stop being Gay.

You're pissing me off royal with your bullshit of assumptions and stereotypes. Hope to see this thread get closed yet again.

geminisama

Metsu
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm all for gay marriage. Marriage has been around long before rehashed religion 5.0, aka. Christianity, so they have NO right to act like they decide what is, and is not worthy of marriage. There's also that pretty thing called seperation of church and state, saying the church shouldn't have ANY say in our laws and institutions.

I don't see why they want to get married so bad, but if they wanna deal with marriage drama, let them.

Kaos

Good show!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm entirely in favour of gay marriage. If two people love each other and want to spend their lives together, then why should we prevent them from being married?

It's really just basic human rights: you aren't supposed to discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sexuality etc.

B-Blue

slut
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Antarctica
Urza said:
Blaze163 said:
Let's be honest, if we spent as much time working in the labs as we did being racist and homophobic we'd have colonised the moon by now at least.
moon.jpg

*Mortal Kombat announcer*

Urza Wins!

HOMOSEXUALITY!

Clookster

Your Clookster
Banned
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
It was quite difficult for me to find some results, since there are about 3'000 news entries about that topic at Google, but as a European, I'm not always sure what sort of media is "trustable" and which is not (because I don't know these papers or magazines).

Anyway, no marriage for lesbian women and gay men in Maine for now.
http://www.protectmaineequality.org/ (Pro)
http://www.standformarriagemaine.com/ (Contra)

To all gay & lesbian hardcore Nintendo fans: Don't worry, come to Europe!
tongue.gif

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
TumbleDryLow said:
DarthTheufel said:
To all gay & lesbian hardcore Nintendo fans: Don't worry, come to Europe!
tongue.gif
...but everything costs twice as much over there.
Well, Switzerland has traditionally been relatively cheap
wink.gif

My opinion on this: I don't understand gay marriage. At all. For me, marriage is acknowledging the love of a man and a woman. I don't see why marriage would be attractive to gay people, because they don't love someone from the opposite sex.

That said, I strongly believe that everyone should have the right to marry everyone they want. It's not up to me to judge them, so if they want to marry they should.

BeatriceTheGolde

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
tempchan.co.cc
XP
Country
Canada
Maikel Steneker said:
My opinion on this: I don't understand gay marriage. At all. For me, marriage is acknowledging the love of a man and a woman. I don't see why marriage would be attractive to gay people, because they don't love someone from the opposite sex.

That said, I strongly believe that everyone should have the right to marry everyone they want. It's not up to me to judge them, so if they want to marry they should.
For them, it's acknowledging the love between two people.
smile.gif

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Baffling it's even an issue in the 21st century. Of course they should be allowed to marry and they should also have the same adoption rights etc as anyone else.

Clookster

Your Clookster
Banned
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
Maikel Steneker said:
I don't see why marriage would be attractive to gay people.

As far as I understand it, it's not just about a "demonstration of love", but as a married couple you have rights that you don't have when you're not married.
For example: What happens if your partner gets ill and into a hospital? Or dies?
When you're not married (no matter if gay or not), you have no rights in cases like these. You're just a stranger by law just like any other stranger. That's the problem.

Edit: Yes, some stuff might be a bit more expensive than in the US. But you get much more $$$ for working as well, don't forget that. Héhé.

chrisman01

OP
Trophies
Website
empireofsteel.thecomicseries.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, GAME OVER:

http://www.bangordailynews.com/detail/128048.html

53% AGAINST gay marriage

47% FOR gay marriage

Talk about a close race. If they have this question again in a few years I can guarantee it'll be the opposite results.

Brian117 said:
chrisman01, I cannot believe you were stupid enough to just create another thread when a Supervisor locked the other. That doesn't give you the right. I have reported your thread to get taken down because one is enough, and it seems this useless of a thread is getting no where.

People have many many opinions, of course the thread is going to be half for and half against. Just grow up and learn to deal with the fact that Gay people will never stop being Gay.

You're pissing me off royal with your bullshit of assumptions and stereotypes. Hope to see this thread get closed yet again.

I started this thread to learn other peoples' opinions from out of state. Does anyone else here think that's bad?
frown.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@DarthTheufel look up power of attorney, advance directive/living wills, health care proxy, regular wills.......

My opinion: marriage confuses me at the best of time, I am not sure why such a situation exists but can see no reason two or more people of the same sex can not all join in.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never expected gay marriage to live in Maine. If it can't pass live in California, I doubt it can pass in Maine.

The main thing I'm bitching about is Corzine losing in New Jersey! As a New Jersian myself, I don't want Chris Christie at all. The last thing we want is Republicans walking around waving their cocks saying "Oh, this shows the president is bad!"

Also, who the fuck names a guy Chris Christie? That's like if my last name is Johnson and I name my kid John. It's stupid, name him Jack or Bob or something.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
DarthTheufel said:
Maikel Steneker said:
I don't see why marriage would be attractive to gay people.

As far as I understand it, it's not just about a "demonstration of love", but as a married couple you have rights that you don't have when you're not married.
For example: What happens if your partner gets ill and into a hospital? Or dies?
When you're not married (no matter if gay or not), you have no rights in cases like these. You're just a stranger by law just like any other stranger. That's the problem.

Edit: Yes, some stuff might be a bit more expensive than in the US. But you get much more $$$ for working as well, don't forget that. Héhé.
If what you say is true (and it might very well be, I don't know a lot about marriage) you are completely right and marriage would become as attractive to gay people as it would to straight people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome