onepiecefreak

Kuriimu 2 Developer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey there pals,

I thought it would be a nice idea to create something like a central point for cheat codes using the built-in cheat function of Gateway3DS.

You can use this thread to post your collection of cheat codes for one or more games.
People can then copy and paste them in a file for themself or they download the collection that I try to update daily.
If you want to know which games are in this collection:
Any codes that are posted in this thread and are created by myself in private.

Own gamecheats EUR:
Professor Layton 5 -> max picarat / max,infinite Hint Coins
Professor Layton 6 -> max picarat / max,infinite Hint Coins
Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright -> max picarat / max,infinite Hint Coins
Own gamecheats US:
None
Own gamecheats JPN:
None
UPDATE 25.12.15:
How to write a cheat code post:
>GAME TITLE/ID<

>CHEAT NAME 1<
>CODE<

>CHEAT NAME 2<
>CODE<

and so on.
Lets create a cheat database!

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I prefer an organized place, like fort42. I liked Geckocodes.org but it lacked so many codes because only certain people could sign up.

People can use this thread to post codes, too, though

BothyBhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey there pals,

I thought it would be a nice idea to create something like a central point for cheat codes using the built-in cheat function of Gateway3DS.

You can use this thread to post your collection of cheat codes for one or more games.
People can then copy and paste them in a file for themself or they download the collection that I try to update daily.
If you want to know which games are in this collection:
Any codes that are posted in this thread and are created by myself in private.

Own gamecheats EUR:
Professor Layton 5 -> max picarat / max,infinite Hint Coins
Professor Layton 6 -> max picarat / max,infinite Hint Coins
Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright -> max picarat / max,infinite Hint Coins
Own gamecheats US:
None
Own gamecheats JPN:
None
UPDATE 25.12.15:
How to write a cheat code post:
>GAME TITLE/ID<

>CHEAT NAME 1<
>CODE<

>CHEAT NAME 2<
>CODE<

and so on.
Lets create a cheat database!

maybe some of you experts wd consider writing a full tutorial on exactly how to use this. cone on guys spread the fun. i only got a gateway card like 2 days ago am kinda swamped.....thanx for listening and a merry christmas.....

Reactions: cearp

onepiecefreak

Kuriimu 2 Developer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You can do it with the ingame-menu from the gateway. If you play a game you can press L+R or START+SELECT (if you press select in emunand you can choose your game. Press UP on the D-PAD to set one of the key combi.)
After you're in the game, press the chosen key combi and you have the choice. To "create" cheats you can use the "Cheat Finder". There you might need some knowledge behind the hexadecimal system and how decimal values like health, SP or something like that are written in hexadecimal. After that you can choose in the "Cheat Finder" if you want to search for 8bit, 16bit or 32bit values.
By that they mean, did you search for a value lower or equal than 255(8bit), 65535(16bit) or 4294967295(32bit).
Hint: You have to choose for the smallest possible space. That means if you know your health isn't going higher than 255 (I mean never like you can't reach a higher number than that by all possible means given in the game) then you better choose the 8bit search. Or if you can store 999 of one item in your inventory but no more by any means in the game, then you choose the 16bit search (because 999 is higher than 255 but lower than 65535) and so on.

And now, you're only searching for exact values or "feelings". Like in Zelda, you don't know the exact decimal value of your life, means you have to search for a "Decrement" or "Increment".
After every search, you have to change the value of your life, SP, item number etc. in some way (because without change in the searched value you CAN reach the goal but it is way HARDER) and then search the right way.
After all this struggle you can search the "Hitlist", which gives you all memory addresses, in which the value you tried to find is maybe written. You can rewrite the hexadecimal values in these addresses and see if there is any change to your searched value.

Now you can write the cheat code itself. The easiest code has the following syntax:
XXXXXXXX YYYYYYYY
XXXXXXXX -> The memory address, where the searched value is written
YYYYYYYY -> The new value

Example: Your characters life, which can't go higher than 255, is written in memory address 0846AC4C. You found this address after you searched with a 8bit exact search.
You want your life be infinite. Now you have to write the found address and the wished new value as shown above.
-> 0846AC4C 000000FF would be your infinite life cheat code in this example.
Why 000000FF and not any higher value? Because your life can't go higher than 255 by normal means in the game, remember? All developers try to consume as less RAM memory as possible. And which sense does it make to give the value of life (that can't reach higher numbers than 255) more address space than it's needed?

I hope I could help you with this a little bit. But you better try youself. It is easier than it sounds.

Have good luck.

BothyBhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
You can do it with the ingame-menu from the gateway. If you play a game you can press L+R or START+SELECT (if you press select in emunand you can choose your game. Press UP on the D-PAD to set one of the key combi.)
After you're in the game, press the chosen key combi and you have the choice. To "create" cheats you can use the "Cheat Finder". There you might need some knowledge behind the hexadecimal system and how decimal values like health, SP or something like that are written in hexadecimal. After that you can choose in the "Cheat Finder" if you want to search for 8bit, 16bit or 32bit values.
By that they mean, did you search for a value lower or equal than 255(8bit), 65535(16bit) or 4294967295(32bit).
Hint: You have to choose for the smallest possible space. That means if you know your health isn't going higher than 255 (I mean never like you can't reach a higher number than that by all possible means given in the game) then you better choose the 8bit search. Or if you can store 999 of one item in your inventory but no more by any means in the game, then you choose the 16bit search (because 999 is higher than 255 but lower than 65535) and so on.

And now, you're only searching for exact values or "feelings". Like in Zelda, you don't know the exact decimal value of your life, means you have to search for a "Decrement" or "Increment".
After every search, you have to change the value of your life, SP, item number etc. in some way (because without change in the searched value you CAN reach the goal but it is way HARDER) and then search the right way.
After all this struggle you can search the "Hitlist", which gives you all memory addresses, in which the value you tried to find is maybe written. You can rewrite the hexadecimal values in these addresses and see if there is any change to your searched value.

Now you can write the cheat code itself. The easiest code has the following syntax:
XXXXXXXX YYYYYYYY
XXXXXXXX -> The memory address, where the searched value is written
YYYYYYYY -> The new value

Example: Your characters life, which can't go higher than 255, is written in memory address 0846AC4C. You found this address after you searched with a 8bit exact search.
You want your life be infinite. Now you have to write the found address and the wished new value as shown above.
-> 0846AC4C 000000FF would be your infinite life cheat code in this example.
Why 000000FF and not any higher value? Because your life can't go higher than 255 by normal means in the game, remember? All developers try to consume as less RAM memory as possible. And which sense does it make to give the value of life (that can't reach higher numbers than 255) more address space than it's needed?

I hope I could help you with this a little bit. But you better try youself. It is easier than it sounds.

Have good luck.
tremendous thank you so much . will get started with this now i kinda got an idea. will choose an easy game to start to get experience. thx m8te......

onepiecefreak

Kuriimu 2 Developer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Games I can prefer for that are RPGs. They're working with many of those visible values. RPGs like Etrian Odyssey, Fantasy Life or Pokemon.

onepiecefreak

Kuriimu 2 Developer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ok, I found it out. For the guys who want to know what was the failure:
There are 2 values. One is for the right graphical output. If you change it you can influence the graphical appearance of your life or TP bar, but internally he uses another address to calculate the official life.
That value is at an address in the 0846XXXX range too. But this address randomly changes between 2 given addresses. For the Front Top Player for example he uses address 0846A108 or 0846A308. Which he uses, seems random but our luck is that the one address of the 2 that isn't in use is only a bunch of unimportant Zeros. Therefore it is a 2-line code to get infinite life in battle.

EDIT: Oh man I was so wrong. All written above is not false but not true either. It seems the range for the inbattle values are from 0846A000 to 0846FFFF, everytime random.
Pls, can't anybody help. That's very confusing. I mean, he have to get the addresses from somewhere, but I find nothing.

To get unlimited life out battle the game uses another address in the 0820XXXX range. For the Front Top Player it is 08205E98.

Thats the end of this Thread. There won't coming anymore...

Thx

Last edited by onepiecefreak,

mijuu

Trophies
XP
Country
I prefer an organized place, like fort42. I liked Geckocodes.org but it lacked so many codes because only certain people could sign up.

People can use this thread to post codes, too, though
Fort is crap you have to sign up and then go through shitty adfly popups it sucks.

mijuu

Trophies
XP
Country
the website isn't perfect sure, but it's not that bad, i don't see any adverts but i guess my adblocker blocks them :)
am using adblock and ghostery and have to disable them to get the click through to work properly. what adblocker/browser do you use?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.