1. osirisjem

osirisjem Wii U: Y U No Sell ?

Canada
    Exactly.
    People can't see the forest from the trees.
    Shipping costs ? Who the hell cares ... it is irrelevant.

2. Relenting

Relenting Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Finland
    That too.:unsure:

3. osirisjem

Canada
    Not true. All the Gateway customers are fine.
    R4i bricked their user's 3DS by distributing bad firmware via the r4i site. R4i is having problems.
    Gateway is not having *ANY* problems.

4. justinkb

justinkb GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    It's pretty easy, the first person to send in his legimately Gateway-bricked 3DS will end any speculation, when he gets it back repaired.

All we have to do is wait for apollooooooo to send in his, if his claims are indeed legit. If he knows his claim isn't legit, he won't send in his 3DS.

If it is legit, he should have no qualms about sending it in. In fact, if his 3DS is precious to him, he'll already have contacted his reseller right now.

5. crazyace2011

crazyace2011 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I read the email like this.

if the 3ds was bricked due to our official card and firmware we will fix it for free.
    if the 3ds was bricked due to a clone card and a modified firmware we will fix it but it will cost you $100

and for the other user that asked whey they didn't as for the back nand. Im sure they have a way to recover the nand on the system considering they have claimed they bricked theirs lots of times and whos to say they had a back up until they got it up and running right. they had to have a way to get the nand back on the system before they could make a backup. just saying

6. Relenting

Newcomer

Finland
    What about the people with self-reported unmodified 2.02b bricks on their forums? They haven't made any effort to disprove those.

7. redkeyboard

redkeyboard GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    No respectable developer will not have a backup of whatever they're working on.

That would be like someone programming for 10 hours without saving or compiling, it's ridiculous to even think about it.

8. tyons

tyons GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Italy
    osirisjem, do you actually have the proof that gateway users are 100% safe? 'cause stating it without even doubting a little requires solid proofs.
    I'm a gateway supporter, btw.

9. crazyace2011

crazyace2011 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    true that is. but when Microsoft created its software they didn't have a save button. they didn't even have a bucket to piss in probably so starting from scratch you aren't given a save button it doesn appear out of thin air

10. KDH

KDH GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Except nand backup and restoration doesn't require custom code execution, it's strictly a hardware modification.

11. justinkb

justinkb GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    I'm sure once they put an official announcement on their website about this, they'll include something like this:

"Your package must contain an USB flashdrive with your NAND backup"

Unless the 0 length emmc brick doesn't actually delete any of the data and its simply a matter of reprogramming the controller and it will work again.

crazyace2011 likes this.
  12. osirisjem

Canada
    Trolls.
    They said they would fix them for free.
    I'll be zero of those r4i trolls will take up the offer.

13. hiron

hiron GBAtemp Regular

Ofcourse it is...because GW said so....lol. R4 are mafias, no one with a GW has brick consoles then the reports of bricked GW card are people bribed by R4. And the brickcode doesnt exist etc.

You gonna pay for his shipment cost?

GW are just hoping that people wont send the console because of the high shipment cost. They should cover the shipping cost too. If it is indeed bricked because of the GW card then it shouldnt be a problem right?

Cyberdrive likes this.
  14. escherbach

escherbach GBAtemp Regular

I think they mean they will do nothing and not even return your console if you don't pay $100 - they certainly won't fix it - probably suggest you contact nintendo service center.

I guess the $100 is to cover postage both ways - I don't think they will ask genuine gateway customers to pay for any postage - they have asked people to arrange the return via the reseller - so all costs will surely be taken care of - If you are a genuine gateway customer

15. osirisjem

Canada

I don't know for sure.
    What seems obvious is that Gateway knows what they are doing and no one else does.

Gateway has put their money where there mouth is.
    They say there cards are 100% safe.
    And if you use them as you are supposed to do .... they guarantee it won't brick your console.

16. Saturosias

Saturosias thank

United States
    No, it says it's $100 shipping fee to return your bricked console. They aren't obligated to fix something they said they wouldn't fix, if the problem is in fact a modified launcher.

17. Ryukouki

Ryukouki See you later, guys.

United States
    Either way, you still lose that safety net the moment you decide to dabble in flash cards. ;)

18. Relenting

Newcomer

Finland
    How about actually initiating public discourse with them. Asking what's the problem, instructing. Seems like that's asking too much. Must be hush hush and must happen weeks from now.

19. kyogre123

kyogre123 Mexican Pride

Mexico
    That's what I was thinking as well. The "elite hackers" as well as Mathew didn't explain exactly how the NAND gets corrupted (at least for what I can remember), they only specifically said that the eMMC controller gets reprogrammed and this would be a reason for the 3DS to fail to read the NAND.

However, I'm still curious about what will they do if they determine that their launcher was the cause of the brick; will they release a new beta to prevent more cases of damaged 3DSes?

20. Nismax

Nismax GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Anyone can read a 3DS like a book. Just flip it sideways.

These douchebags are a disgrace. Never have I viewed a backup device manufacturer in this way. The whole point is to help the consumer, with neat devices that allow them to have more fun with their consoles. Instead they are bricking consoles and attacking the consumer. Even if it is confined to clone users, it's an asshole thing to do. What did they think there would be no clones? It comes with the territory, there is no need to punish the possibly oblivious consumer because someone pirated their piracy cartridge.

It's literally not even worth supporting these guys. Support the developers not these rejects.

djnicey, Fat D, tjexp and 10 others like this.
  21. Ryukouki

Ryukouki See you later, guys.

United States

I think this is the first time I agree with you. :O

frown, GHANMI, NEP and 2 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Gateway, bricked, youre