Hacking Gateway vs Sky3DS vs OSKA (for a N3DS owner)

narutonic

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Shit, well, at least I have a 32GB lying around here, I was piling up my 64GB one with games for the past week lol...

It's still unlimited though regardless right? No after 100 games you have to buy another one BS? and, can I just throw the roms on there and that's it? I'd really hate to have a 32GB SD card formatted in a way exclusively for Sky3DS.
There is no limit but imagine you have to push the Button 32 time to get one games ^^ Juste buy more 16Gb or 32

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Shit, well, at least I have a 32GB lying around here, I was piling up my 64GB one with games for the past week lol...

It's still unlimited though regardless right? No after 100 games you have to buy another one BS? and, can I just throw the roms on there and that's it? I'd really hate to have a 32GB SD card formatted in a way exclusively for Sky3DS.
nope pretty sure the whole card is formatted to "sky3ds format", with something like a 2mb usable partition that you can store the disktool in

Reactions: thorasgar

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean what's my point, did you not even read the initial post? I asked would it be better to wait for OSKA or just get a Sky3DS now, since everyone has high hopes for OSKA. If you want to find out the point of something, you should probably read the thread first.

We've already moved on from that subject, you should probably find a better post to troll.

I don't need to troll, you already trolled your own self for not knowing how GW works and what they support.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-open-source-kernel-access-on-3ds.383534/page-2#post-5387760

No after 100 games you have to buy another one BS? and, can I just throw the roms on there and that's it? I'd really hate to have a 32GB SD card formatted in a way exclusively for Sky3DS.

Why you still trolling yourself? Its unlimited and as 2hack states its 31 games per mSD, so guess what you're gonna need, more 64 or 32gig mSD cards to match what rom amount you have.

Reactions: Margen67

MaximusVX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't need to troll, you already trolled your own self for not knowing how GW works and what they support.

So I trolled myself for being completely new to the 3DS scene and not knowing absolutely everything about it in one week. You're a terrible example to what is a great community here, everyone here has been helpful excluding you, do yourself a favor and just leave the thread if it bothers you that much, no one forced you to read this. Forums are for a community, people come and talk about a particular subject, some come and ask questions, you're just an elitist asshole who thinks that because you know absolutely everything, no one is allowed to ask questions, get the fuck out.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would'be been better if you had better informed yourself than to create a thread just to have other people answer your own issues. Your options are limited and you yet you still have to ask what people would do in your situation. And if you were serious than you wouldn't even be making sarcasm jokes about the previous 10 game limit on sky3ds cards.

100 game limit........cracks me up.

MaximusVX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would'be been better if you had better informed yourself than to create a thread just to have other people answer your own issues. Your options are limited and you yet you still have to ask what people would do in your situation. And if you were serious than you wouldn't even be making sarcasm jokes about the previous 10 game limit on sky3ds cards.

Okay.

Community, I'm sorry for asking a question, I'll never do it again.

Suthek

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

+1
OP:
"I can only use Sky3ds. What should I buy?"
Answer:
"Sky3ds."
[/thread]

rainparadesamurai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Save injection was really only intended for the majority of folks who didn't own a Gateway and most likely had a post 9.3 fw 3DS anyway. If you have a exploitable sysnand version, there is much better ways of editing your save. ;)
like what?? savedatafiler doesn't work with retail cartridges, right?

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would'be been better if you had better informed yourself than to create a thread just to have other people answer your own issues.

No, I think he's correct, your attitude really does suck. I can give no less than a dozen examples of where all you've done is insult people for having less knowledge than you do.
We don't intend for this to be a place for people to come and shut the hell up because if you ask anything that has been answered before a thousand douchecanoes will crawl up your ass. We want people to come here to ask questions, to learn together, and to be a community. If you don't want to help in ways other than sneering and looking down on people then you really don't need to participate.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
like what?? savedatafiler doesn't work with retail cartridges, right?

No I meant injecting stuff into a running game via a web browser exploit. It's not quite the same as using SaveDataFiler and has it's limitations. For pokemon it's enough for most things. But things like current map position and certain trainer information aren't readily editable via save injecting. That's why SaveDataFiler is recommended if you have a 3DS on 9.2 or below firmware. ;)

MrDaveIsAwesome

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is oska?

Edit: Whooops nevermind, if anyone else is wondering its that KARL3ds thing

Edit 2.0: Nevermind, it's LIKE KARL3ds, except its more open for piracy?

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is oska?

Edit: Whooops nevermind, if anyone else is wondering its that KARL3ds thing

Edit 2.0: Nevermind, it's LIKE KARL3ds, except its more open for piracy?

OSKA isn't related to piracy, it's just doing the same stuff as KARL but releasing the source code as well. That means you're free to modify it however you like.

Reactions: Margen67 and 2Hack

rainparadesamurai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No I meant injecting stuff into a running game via a web browser exploit. It's not quite the same as using SaveDataFiler and has it's limitations. For pokemon it's enough for most things. But things like current map position and certain trainer information aren't readily editable via save injecting. That's why SaveDataFiler is recommended if you have a 3DS on 9.2 or below firmware. ;)
nah I know about the web browser exploit, but I thought that was the only way that we could inject things into retail cartridges of pokemon. Is savedatafiler compatible with retail cartridges of pokemon now? Last time I checked it wasn't.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I think he's correct, your attitude really does suck. I can give no less than a dozen examples of where all you've done is insult people for having less knowledge than you do.
We don't intend for this to be a place for people to come and shut the hell up because if you ask anything that has been answered before a thousand douchecanoes will crawl up your ass. We want people to come here to ask questions, to learn together, and to be a community. If you don't want to help in ways other than sneering and looking down on people then you really don't need to participate.

The thing is members have create a read-me threads to help them choose what card is best. All that is needed is to read what the capabilities are and to make there own choices, doesn't matter how long the read but at least they would understand what they want and know what they can benefit. Official websites tell you what is supported, and there are google searches that explain what each feature is for. Can't tell me that a search for "what is emunand" doesn't link to a wiki somewhere that tells you what that feature is meant to be used for. It would be a waste to those who actually put forth the effort in trying to help those new to the scene and also understand the process of trying to fight a battle that can either lead to success or giving up to those teams creating these cfw/cards. The information is there and if the required "catering" is needed than its obvious that someone doesn't know what they want and just want more of something they don't understand. We can take this to pm's if you like, and no hard feelings.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We can take this to pm's if you like, and no hard feelings.

That's.....absolutely perfect! (I mean your whole post. I'm just trimming it to save space) Excellent points given without a hint of derision. That's all I really want. I know it takes a little more time, and I know it gets taxing after you've seen the same questions time and time again.
But it makes our site a more pleasant place to visit.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's.....absolutely perfect! (I mean your whole post. I'm just trimming it to save space) Excellent points given without a hint of derision. That's all I really want. I know it takes a little more time, and I know it gets taxing after you've seen the same questions time and time again.
But it makes our site a more pleasant place to visit.

I can't give you everything you want.........I'm sure a woman will have to suffice. :D

Reactions: Vulpes Abnocto

Osmosis

Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

WRONG!!!!

Only 31 games per SD card (hence only needing 32GB max). You can swap your 32GB SD cards and the template will work flawlessly, but you can't put more than 31 at a time. We had this complaint a while back on another thread about "false advertising". Don't think you can fit 31 games on a 32GB?

WRONG AGAIN!!!!

ROMTOOL v3.1 trims your .3DS files in half most of the time. I actually have about 8+GBs open on my 32GB SD class10 card. So yeah...

And don't ask about a software update or a firmware update because they built the limit into the damn chip. Don't ask me why... it's all on another thread. Go search it.

AND YOUR NEXT QUESTION IS PROBABLY ABOUT WHAT SD CARD TO BUY:

Brand doesn't matter (BS as far as I can tell). Size matters: only up to 32GB, no 64GB or 128GB, you'll be wasting money on something you can't use to its fullest. Do buy more than one 32GB. Have fun there. Speed does matter: try to keep it "class 10" speed. Speeds up the cycling and after trimming you can easily scroll through 31 games.

Proof? I own this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA1EK1F02201

$15.oo

I even locked it up once and just deleted the partition and MBR (EaseUS Partition Manager) and formatted it through Diskwriter again, works fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn