• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 65,755
  • Replies 470
  • Likes 20
D

Deleted-236924

OP
I'm fairly sure you can get the DS Profile exploit working on O3DS >6.X if you just manually install the old settings CIA. I mean, I don't see why you couldn't.
You can't simply because GW only ever wrote rop for MSET exploit for true 4.x system menu for O3DS. For N3DS they wrote it so that 4.x system settings would properly exploit the vulnerabilities in the 9.0-9.2 kernel. For O3DS they only ever wrote code to exploit 4.x, and after the vulnerabilities were patched, they never wrote a different exploit for users on 5.x-9.x
They probably don't see the need either since they give an option in their launcher to downgrade to 4.2

System settings is merely an entry point for exploiting further vulnerabilities in other system apps/services. Just having the 4.x system settings installed on your 3DS doesn't give you full access to everything 4.x offers in terms of system vulnerabilities. If you only had 4.x system settings installed on your 9.2 3DS then installed the GW MSET exploit, the exploit would start, look for vulnerabilities that were there in 4.x and were long since fixed, and you can imagine it would fail.

Last edited by ,

evo25.1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
how does one do this? any screenshots?

open the game menu as always select button then press up on the d-pad and it will tell you that its in Emunand and you can change some things made a gif as i dont have recording open on my laptop for my capture card but its in the spoiler pic

f34692157b127a5adba695e2e6b4282e.gif

Last edited by evo25.1,

x06xp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
open the game menu as always select button then press up on the d-pad and it will tell you that its in Emunand and you can change some things made a gif as i dont have recording open on my laptop for my capture card but its in the spoiler pic

f34692157b127a5adba695e2e6b4282e.gif

do i still press select and then "Y" on the game icon if i want to select cheats without ingame menu? because when i press "y" no cheats show up...

SamHack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
That calssic to gateway mode switch is so damn cool !!! I always wanted to have to swtich between quickly without restarting the 3ds again and again. Can also dump my cartridge save :)
Please gateway team expand the firmware compatibility next time.

Last edited by SamHack,
Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

OP
well i already am having a bad experience with the cheat finder. it freezes when i do an 8 bit exact search.

Works fine here. Make sure you have free space available on your microSD card, it seems to write a file called 0.bin to the root of the microSD. Mine was almost 50MB in size.

EDIT: Found the Money address in Bravely Default myself ! :D

This is awesome

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.