Not open for further replies.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Could you please clarify this? Does blue-3ds's launcher.dat works without the card?
It can boot into Classic Mode, 10.3 emunand without the card. No sig patches.
It's a nice loader and it's cool that Blue team still supports it.

GoatFish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got a new N3ds xl with 10.3 fw..with this "coming Soon" news

it's safe for me to go ahead and buy gateway card now?

Last edited by GoatFish,

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got a new N3ds xl with 10.3 fw..with this "coming Soon" news

it's safe for me to go ahead and buy gateway card now?
We know it's coming so just stay on that firmware you can buy a Gateway card when things are set in stone or downgrade when memchunkhax's 2 is done and use rxTools if you want which may support 10.3 Emunand in the future.

Reactions: GoatFish

sakura_candy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
noob question:
Have a o3ds 9.2, n3ds 9.0. Want to system transfer to n3ds.
Should I update my n3ds sysnand to 10.3 and transfer, just in case I can't do that afterwards?

Comedor

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Question: should I sell my Sky3DS now and buy a Gateway right away?

What are the chances of Gateway releasing a new card just for 10.3 users?

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question: should I sell my Sky3DS now and buy a Gateway right away?

What are the chances of Gateway releasing a new card just for 10.3 users?
There won't be a new card they have only ever had 1 updateable card since 4.5 so yeah dump the sky3ds while you can.

Comedor

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
No the price will stay the same the card will not be changed
I live in Brazil not in the US. Trust me, the price WILL skyrocket. I have seen it before (when Gateway released that update for New 3DS and more up to date firmwares).

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I live in Brazil not in the US. Trust me, the price WILL skyrocket. I have seen it before (when Gateway released that update for New 3DS and more up to date firmwares).
Don't you guys have an insane import tax and they open your packages?

Comedor

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Don't you guys have an insane import tax and they open your packages?
That too, but that's not the problem because I'm not planning to import. I can buy a Gateway right now from online shops here in Brazil and have it delivered next week. BUT I'm sure they will raise the price soon, so I have to make a decision ASAP.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
noob question:
Have a o3ds 9.2, n3ds 9.0. Want to system transfer to n3ds.
Should I update my n3ds sysnand to 10.3 and transfer, just in case I can't do that afterwards?
No don't update. You can system transfer right now. Create an emuNAND on both and don't update them. Find a method to spoof eShop on both consoles (there will be details in this forum) then you will be able to do a system transfer. Make sure you use wireless data transfer options. At the end you might get stuck in a loop where it wants you to restart but then when you boot into emuNAND it is still going with the transfer. In this case, let it restart, turn off wireless in sysNAND, then boot into emuNAND and choose to cancel he transfer. You'll be able to get into emuNAND then, and if you visit the eShop them all your paid-for content and MiiPlaza etc miraculously appears.

sakura_candy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No don't update. You can system transfer right now. Create an emuNAND on both and don't update them. Find a method to spoof eShop on both consoles (there will be details in this forum) then you will be able to do a system transfer. Make sure you use wireless data transfer options. At the end you might get stuck in a loop where it wants you to restart but then when you boot into emuNAND it is still going with the transfer. In this case, let it restart, turn off wireless in sysNAND, then boot into emuNAND and choose to cancel he transfer. You'll be able to get into emuNAND then, and if you visit the eShop them all your paid-for content and MiiPlaza etc miraculously appears.
OMG there's a way to do that? THANK YOU!!!

Reactions: Quantumcat

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Is it really a 3DS mode cartridge only though?
Does it even show up as one when it's inserted in the 3DS? It only shows up as a 3DS game when you select one while in GW menu.
It plays 3DS games but it isn't exactly a conventional 3DS cartridge. DSTwo+ can run 3DS games while in GW mode, doesn't make it a 3DS cartridge.
You pose an interesting question. Unfortunately I don't know enough about Gateway's hardware to comment further.

D

Deleted-236924

You pose an interesting question. Unfortunately I don't know enough about Gateway's hardware to comment further.
What I'm interested in seeing is, how will they handle 9.3+ for users who already owned a GW but have their 3DS above 9.2 for whatever reason?
I assume GW Launcher would require ARM9 kernel. Memchunkhax2 only grants ARM11 kernel.

Unless ARM11 kernel grants enough access to allow upgrading the FPGA on the GW cartridge (or upgrading the GW Blue card) then they'd be kinda stuck.
For people who purchase a new one they can ship GW pre-updated with the latest version that takes care of ntrcardhax which gives them ARM9 access. But people who already owned a GW before wouldn't have a GW that would be able to exploit ntrcardhax and wouldn't be able to update their GW for it.

Also GW blue card by default only works up until 4.5 or so? and the only way to get it to work on higher firmwares was by downgrading twl whitelist. Someone who owns a 10.3 3DS and bought a GW after the announcement wouldn't be able to run the blue card to run a potential updater on it.

If updating the GW or updating the blue card works with only ARM11 kernel then that is a non-issue, though.
Or it would be really interesting if GW had another ARM9 kernel exploit up their sleeve that only they knew about.

For the time being no-one really knows but them. It'll be interesting to see how they handle it.
For all we know their solution is to get their users to downgrade to 9.2, lol

Reactions: Quantumcat

sakura_candy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
1) To make sure I removed the menuhax manager from 3ds folder that was included in starter kit and got latest 2.1 from here: https://github.com/yellows8/3ds_homemenuhax/releases
2) Ran menuhax manager from Homebrew launcher and did initial setup and specified L key to skip autoboot and to boot to sysNAND normally. Install and make sure that when you switch on console it autoboots to Homebrew launcher
3) Downloaded latest GW package, extracted just the GW_3dsx.zip in 3ds folder of console sd card (the two files will go in GW folder in 3ds folder of console sd card)
4) Then I got ctrbootmanager from here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/ctrbootmanager-3ds-boot-manager-loader-homemenuhax.398383/
5) Edited the boot.cfg file in Notepad++ and edited out both Pasta CFW and RXTools as I don't have that set up. Keep the HomeBrewMenu as second option and added this as first option:
title = "GatewayMenu";
path = "/3ds/GW/gw.3dsx";
6) Save changes in boot.cfg. Rename the boot.3dsx which is in console sd card to boot_hb.3dsx and then put boot.3dsx and the edited boot.cfg of ctrbootmanager
7) Try and see if it loads the ctrbootmanager and autoboots in 3 seconds. If everything works then edit the boot.cfg in console sd card and set timeout=0 for instant autoboot. Holding SELECT button (default setting in boot.cfg) while boot will show ctrbootmanager
8) Now, this way if you going to switch on console and don't press anything it will autoboot to GW emuNAND (if GW red cart is present). If you want to use Homebrew launcher then hold SELECT when switching on console and select HomeBrewMenu
I tried your setup, but somehow it's kind of stuck in a loop of menuhax -> ctrbootmanager -> gateway logo on top screen -> menuhax again and it got stuck.
Re configured menuhax to boot default to sysNand (Type 1 instead of Type 2) It works, but only if I insert my red card after booting into gateway menu.

I think I have 2 problems here. One is that if I use Type 2 menuhax config (launch if booted without pressing buttons) then Gateway emunand will respect this too...?! I've formatted emunand on my sd card before setting up homebrew, did is this the right step?

Another problem is that if I leave the red card in the console when I launch the gateway homebrew option, it will just show a black screen and not boot into emunand.

Is there some way I can fix this? Or some other way of making the console boot automatically into emunand?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1