Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tokiopop

Tokiopop Caffeine fiend

As of now, yeah.

You could grab CN and do the SOAP method, or wait it out. If a downgrade becomes public you could update to firmware with homebrew access and then downgrade.

TheShadowRunner likes this.
  2. Natalie Rath

Natalie Rath Member
    Newcomer

Malaysia
    >_< Nevermind my question fixed it.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
  3. fille

fille GBAtemp Fan

Belgium
    you put the new launcher.dat on the sdcard in 3ds,not on the gateway sdcard?

Natalie Rath likes this.
  4. Natalie Rath

Natalie Rath Member
    Newcomer

Malaysia
    Yeah. I totally forgot about that. Sigh. Fixed it just moments before you mentioned it. Thanks anyways

5. ov3rkill

ov3rkill GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    What a great post Christmas gift from Gateway and before ending the year. Thanks so much for this. I'm having a blast with those nifty features. hehehe

6. VeryCrushed

VeryCrushed Devious Prorammer

United States
    I will, it may not be done for another ~18 hours. Just woke up, its 1:37 in the morning here and I have to be up at 4:45 for work so I'll be busy all day. When I have some free time I'll write it up and post it.

7. mancasoko

mancasoko GBAtemp Regular

My card was 4gb. The lock pin is up so I guess it isn't locked and I can't format it on my computer it gives me error that write protection is on but I went in cmd option and disable it and after that I checked and it is disable but I still get error that write protection is on, I don't understand. Anyway I will buy a new card. Where I can find everything I need to install new system on new SD card because I can't backup my old SysNAND and EmuNAND? Thanks.

8. Binebina87

Binebina87 GBAtemp Regular

Gambia, The
    Since we no longer need the MSET exploit and we can run catridge games in Emunand now, I tried playing some NDS games with the Blue GW Card. The "Deep Labyrinth" icon shows but I only get a black screen and the N3DS freezes when I try to start it.

Anyone having the same problem or a solution ?

9. reiyu

reiyu Canadian, eh?

Canada
    huh? how do you use retail carts in gateway mode?

10. VeryCrushed

United States
    In emunand? I'm pretty sure you still can't play DS games in emunand. You should be in sysnand if you want to play DS games.

11. VeryCrushed

United States
    You need to be in Gateway Classic mode. It's available in the gateway menu. Hold L (I believe it's L) when booting into gateway to access it.

12. reiyu

reiyu Canadian, eh?

Canada
    he said gateway mode, not classic mode. it's not called gateway classic mode. classic mode lets you play your retail cart, but then you can't use .cias.

13. Localhorst86

Localhorst86 GBAtemp Addict

Germany
    That's the regular behavior when the gateway card is inserted when launching the menu. To get to the menu either remove the gateway card or keep the L shoulder button pressed to enter the menu (if you have set up menuhax in a way that makes the L button skip menuhax, make sure you press it after menuhax has triggered.)

PS: as mentioned, that's the regular behavior. an O3DS with the gateway card inserted and launched via the browse explot or an N3DS with the MSET exploit will behave exactly the same. with Cubic ninja and OoT this simply never happened because the game was in the slot when launching the menu.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
    Zidapi likes this.
  14. VeryCrushed

United States
    Gateway classic mode == classic mode. Same thing. Maybe I should have said "Gateway's" and not "Gateway" to clarify better.

Since when have we been able to use retail carts in GW mode in any form? I know 3.6 added support for switching between modes I'm the game selection menu. I don't recall seeing anything on being able to use retail carts though.

Zidapi likes this.
  15. reiyu

reiyu Canadian, eh?

Canada
    that's what i'm confused about. he mentioned using SDF along with retail carts in gateway mode, so unless i'm missing something here, SDF can't be used in classic mode.

16. CrispyYoshi

CrispyYoshi GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Go to System Settings>Data Management with the new card inserted, allow it to prepare the card. Then, go to Gateway Menu via any method (DS Profile, Web browser, etc) and format EmuNAND. Enter EmuNAND and System Settings>Data Management to prepare EmuNAND for cia installation. Finally, format SysNAND with the SD card out, go to Data Management in SysNAND and install DevMenu (or FBI) cia installer on both SysNAND and EmuNAND and you should be good to go.

Alternatively, follow this guide: http://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/

EDIT: Oh, and make a NAND backup of both SysNAND and EmuNAND, then put them somewhere safe on your computer.

mancasoko likes this.
  17. Localhorst86

Localhorst86 GBAtemp Addict

Germany
    When you bring up the gateway game selection menu, press up on the dpad. You can then select the mode and change it to one of three classic modes. that allows you to run retail games while in gateway mode so you can run SDF while the retail game is accessible.

Zidapi and reiyu like this.
  18. mancasoko

mancasoko GBAtemp Regular

Thanks a lot for helping. I am off to store to buy a new card and I will follow the instructions and I hope everything will be ok. Once again thanks a lot and have a nice day. :)

CrispyYoshi likes this.
  19. reiyu

reiyu Canadian, eh?

Canada
    cheesus chrust! i didn't know about this! now i can use retail carts with .cia DLCs! thanks!

20. kprovost7314

kprovost7314 GBAtemp's Official Shota and Bara Master

United States
    So piracy on fw >=9.3 with Gateway. Now how long do I have to wait for piracy WITHOUT Gateway.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - GATEWAY, PUBLIC, ULTRA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.