• Replies 192
  • Likes 13

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
weird I saw this on nds-card.......Currently gateway 3ds card can work on latest 3DS v9.7 system. But need download the new ultra 3.2 firmware and DGPACKS. Please don’t place an order until you are sure you can do it correctly. but you guys say 9.4 unless they mean emunand ery misleading

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm that 3D Sonic The Hedgehog 2 CIA still doesn't work on 3.4.

They probably fixed the carts, but not the eShop Cryptofixing. Stupid really, as it's being done on a certain site that like Voldemort shall not be mentioned, but Gateway can't patch that in?

I'm glad they fixed the ROMS, but with most content in North America being eShop only(like Samurai Chronicles 3 which has YET to be dumped), this is a huge gaping hole. THAT needs to be fixed before they add cheats...
If it does not run its because it needs a high firmware and has yet to be crypto fixed
weird I saw this on nds-card.......Currently gateway 3ds card can work on latest 3DS v9.7 system. But need download the new ultra 3.2 firmware and DGPACKS. Please don’t place an order until you are sure you can do it correctly. This is gateway official site: http://www.gateway-3ds.com/. but you guys say 9.4 unless they mean emunand ery misleading
They mean Emunand there english is horrible and it's most likely done to trick people into buying from them, Gateway only works up to system version 9.2.0-20

Reactions: peteruk

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I can confirm that 3D Sonic The Hedgehog 2 CIA still doesn't work on 3.4.

They probably fixed the carts, but not the eShop Cryptofixing. Stupid really, as it's being done on a certain site that like Voldemort shall not be mentioned, but Gateway can't patch that in?

I'm glad they fixed the ROMS, but with most content in North America being eShop only(like Samurai Chronicles 3 which has YET to be dumped), this is a huge gaping hole. THAT needs to be fixed before they add cheats...
They cannot bypass the crypto fix stuff without including the seed files for each game that uses it, crypto stuff is no easy fix as it's encryption rather than a flag so without the nessisary keys to decrypt the.game every games that requires crypto fixing will still require crypto fixing

Reactions: Zidapi

Bonny

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Nope just a normal release with a header I blanked out with gateway rom patcher 1.1.
Samurai_Defender_JPN_eShop_3DS-Caravan

I was talking about the later released US version of the game. And i'am intrested in the game, because it just won't work on both 3DS consoles i own, US 3DS and EUR N3DS. I didn't tested the japanese release, but because it was released a lot earlier, it's likely that it's working.

Isn't it a fact for O3DS owners - and maybe also for N3DS users - that many/all new releases need to be cryptofixed for making them run? Or is it exactly that issue, that has been fixed with 3.4?

zhdarkstar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, so, DLC does work for .3ds and .cia files. If you mean installing DLC for a legitimate cart, it will not work because the DLC also needs installed in sysNAND mode for it to be recognized in classic mode. The Smash DLC still didn't work for me though after doing that, so I had to buy it for my legitimate cart. (Yeah I know I could import save yada yada, but Nintendo does deserve SOME of our money - Need to keep them alive afterall....)
Use rxTools instead of GW Classic Mode for all of your retail cart needs.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's great to see they are still alive and working on new things. This update doesn't seem so great at this time (only because 2 titles have been released with the new AP method), but once the flood of games using it comes then it will show how much it is really worth. It really is a huge deal. Don't be down on them for not fixing cryptograms because (as others have said) it is something they can't fix. Those eShop titles have to be fixed by someone who has bought and dumped the games.

I am eager to see what their cheat support will be. It would be great to have a search engine included! I wonder if the O3DS will be a bottleneck in this though. :unsure:

nyder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good old Internet Explorer worked for me. It bizarre that we've come up with hundreds of browsers over the years, but IE is still the best.

yes, the best at exploiting your system.

Gateway better go work on DLC support for their flashcart. I didnt bought gateway to play games with DLC as cia that doesn't need gateway at all.

EDIT: playing paid dlc for free, just like the games

wah wah wah

Reactions: Zidapi

Azel

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Also, I've been playing a fire emblem if fates special edition cryptofixed translated rom for a week on 3.2.2 gateway, without that Anti-Piracy patch, and I that was working fine, so what's the pach for?

Hammyface

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Mario Miracle Cure CIA does not work on this update either. Anti-piracy check means a non-stop red/black 3ds boot-up logo and the game never starts. I believe the only way to play is with cryptofix which I have no idea how to do.

PandaMayFire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What caught my eye is the upcoming cheat feature :ha: But no disrespect or anything, it's a little late in the game for that. But I suppose it's better late than never, we all like to cheat on our games the 2nd time around

D

Deleted User

OP
Also, I've been playing a fire emblem if fates special edition cryptofixed translated rom for a week on 3.2.2 gateway, without that Anti-Piracy patch, and I that was working fine, so what's the pach for?

The 3ds version of fire emblem if was not working before, now it is.
The cia version of fire emblem if was working fine before, that's true. It's all about convenience and playable future 3ds releases.

TO THE PEOPLE COMPLAINING ABOUT CRYPTOFIX: THIS IS NOT SOMETHING GATEWAY CAN FIX. IT'S A FILE FORMAT/DUMP PROBLEM.

Cryptofix was introduced for 9.6+ .CIA dumps. These 9.6+ .CIA dumps *should* work fine *in theory* given that the proper seeddb files are delivered and installed correctly. Since the current CIA install methods do not know anything about a seeddb, they just install a 'crypted' CIA file as-is. These tools need to be improved so that they can deal with the seeddb.

What is happening now is that some people apparently know how to deal with this and they create a 'regular' CIA dump that negates the seedb, thus creating a CRYPTOFIX version, so that regular CIA tools can install them.

If I am incorrect in any of this please correct me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They really wanna get the head