Gateway Ultra 3.0.4 public beta released

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Gateway owners rejoice: an update was just published by the Gateway 3DS team. This is a small update that fixes multi-rom support for users with emunand 9.5.

Gateway 3DS Team said:
Today we present just a quick update for our users with 9.5 emunand. This fixes the multirom menu not showing up and various updates for properly supporting 9.5 emunand.

We also want to inform our users about some news regarding emunand support for the New 3DS:
We will not be able to support emunand 9.5 or higher for a while on the New 3DS. This is only an issue for the New 3DS, the old 3DS and 2DS will never have this issue. This is not a definitive barrier, but we feel it necessary to inform our users that while we are still working on releasing our New 3ds support, we will not be able to provide support yet for 9.5 emunand or higher for New 3DS on release.
Seems like N3DS support is around the corner, but emunand support for 9.5+ will not be available on the new console at least initially.

Source: Gateway 3DS official website

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    328.1 KB · Views: 440

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
"Around the corner"

Oh no, not again. Why did u say that Costello? :cry:
Now people will make 1000 pages of trying to figure out what it means.

uhh, I have no more info than you, it's just what I gathered from the text I quoted...
it will be released sooner or later, that's all there is to it... right?

Reactions: gamefan5

Nightwish

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I think it's pretty obvious by now they're waiting for the Western releases so they can make sure anyone who buys a new console can play with the Gateway without bricking anything.
Then again, that might just be me giving them too much credit, I know. Still, they'll do it eventually.

GrabitHot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really like the way they inform the users. It doesn't seem like they are afraid to admit a few things. When I first got Gateway, I was afraid they would stop working on it since they do have long gaps between posts. I am pleased they are still working hard on it.

Reactions: Costello

ov3rkill

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Oh noes!!! Threads like "when is exactly 'around the corner' means?" will pop-up. hahahaha

anyways, thanks to this update i can use the eshop and download those free games for coins. hahaha

Breith

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
" yet for 9.5 emunand or higher " how about 9.0 and 9.2 though? :/ too mysterious.
You're probably be stuck to 9.0/9.2 emuNand depending on which sysNand you have on your N3DS. EmuNand update uses Nintendo nand update, but if you upgrade your system you will get the last nand possible, which is 9.5 now.
Even if emuNand is working on N3DS it will be probably not wise to upgrade your emuNand for a while.

So basically that doesn't change anything... excepted if you want to play online. Then you're screwed.

Meanwhile Sky3DS works perfectly on New3DS 9.5
Well, for now. Your post is probably just trolling, but I still want to recall that no one can say that Nintendo will never block the sky3ds in a future update.

Reactions: Margen67

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sorry for asking but I seem to be somewhat out of the loop: wasn't there some DMCA stuff going on in regards to GW, including linking to their page? Has that be remedied now? If so to what extent?

spankachu

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So come Feb 13 when the New 3DS is released in Canada, should I get one right away, or hold off and wait for Gateway support before buying?

I don't really care about playing online.

Breith

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So come Feb 13 when the New 3DS is released in Canada, should I get one right away, or hold off and wait for Gateway support before buying?

You probably should wait to be sure that the sysnand is 9.0 or 9.2.

I'm really scared about the GW release. They said that it work on N3DS and that they will release the hack, so they will. GW team is not really fast, but when they promise something they are doing it.

Prior22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there the possibility that one of these updates will eventually allow the 3DS multirom menu to include DS roms too? Would be great to have the option to choose between DS and 3DS titles at the same time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They're made with left over pancake/wafle batter, that's been sitting out all day.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    3 hours on a riding lawn mower, my butt is numb and my whole body is still vibrating. Gonna be a long summer. :cry: I just need to buy some goats.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Did you leave your buttplug in?
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I feel like I spent the night with Ancientboi
    +3
  • Flame @ Flame:
    Ancientboi at it again.
    +2
  • Flame @ Flame:
    is it a bird is it a plane... no its Ancientboi banging your ass away !
    +3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Took along time to fit it in?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Snow days $25 on steam may grab it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Measuring sizes with AncientBoi, I see.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I guess Ancientboi would be Peter
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: