Gateway Ultra 3.0.4 public beta released

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You probably should wait to be sure that the sysnand is 9.0 or 9.2.

I would assume that all N3DS systems launching on the 14th will have at LEAST 9.4. Why would they have the system menu versions from Oct. 2014? I see no point at all in waiting to purchase.

Breith

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would assume that all N3DS systems launching on the 14th will have at LEAST 9.4. Why would they have the system menu versions from Oct. 2014? I see no point at all in waiting to purchase.

It is probably wrong to assume that. The New 3DS factory has probably a lot of lag regarding the sysnand update. It is possible that the consoles which going out of the factory now are in 9.4 but what about the one assembled 3 or 4 months ago? Don't forget that Nintendo doesn't produce everything in a few weeks! The consoles your reseller will get for the 12th is out of the factory since at least 2 months. They use a boat to transport everything across the world, not airplanes... this takes a loooong time.
It is even possible to still find some old 3DS XL using the 4.5 FW on some french resellers.

It is known that some of the UE "ambassador" consoles are sold with the 9.0. It is reasonable to assume that this is the case for all of them, NA zone included. It will probably be the same with the Zelda and MH4U limited editions.
About the regular version of the New 3DS, no one knows. You will have to wait before the first resellers get their consoles to be sure. But still, I wouldn't assume that is will come with a newer sysnand, I still think that this is possible.

And, I don't say that because I want to persuade myself that I still have the possibility to get a "valid" console: I really don't care. I bought an AUS console in December in Paris. My console uses sysnand 9.0.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    Veho @ Veho: Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.