Hacking GATEWAY ULTRA 3.0.3 PUBLIC BETA

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
guys sorry for off top but can i use 1 gateway card for 2 consoles at the same time (Coop wise) thanks alot for help ;)

You can actually, just install emuNAND on both of them and play your games in .cia format. .cia files dont require the card inserted in to play so you can easily do thi for more than 1 console - the only downside is that you will have to leave the consoles in sleep mode and when they run out of battery you will have to enter emuNAND via the GW card.

What about those who bricked their consoles?

Its their own fault, GW clearly stated that you do this on your own risk and that a hardware mod is highly recommended for the downgrade procedure.

Reactions: tony_2018

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You can actually, just install emuNAND on both of them and play your games in .cia format. .cia files dont require the card inserted in to play so you can easily do thi for more than 1 console - the only downside is that you will have to leave the consoles in sleep mode and when they run out of battery you will have to enter emuNAND via the GW card.

Its their own fault, GW clearly stated that you do this on your own risk and that a hardware mod is highly recommended for the downgrade procedure.
But it still is a seriousnbug which needed to be fixed asap

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal

To be precise, that said that statement to cover their bases, to prevent people from blaming them.

But, that statement paid off when people bricked their devices without following/waiting for a proper procedure.

Always wait.
Same as the beta 2.x bricking fiasco,
always wait.

Just people it seems safe does not mean it is safe.

Right now, I just want cias to work on classic mode,
so I can import saves from my retail carts onto my cia...

PLEYOR

Trophies
XP
Country
There have been a bunch of bricks in the past due to GW's bricking code, and recently GW's Taiwan downgrade packs were broken and that region only accepted chinese downgrade packs instead, which caused some people to try installing that and brick their system (since the region thing is very unclear there). That's actually what this update fixes.
Thanks for the info. The downgrading process has been pretty successful for most so far though. Shame about the Taiwan and Chinese bricking.

drfunkenstein2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all games are loading but now my super smash bros black screens
i would like to note its the only game i have DLC for also, u think some patch to check DLC?

sgtkwol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all games are loading but now my super smash bros black screens
i would like to note its the only game i have DLC for also, u think some patch to check DLC?
Why are you still using 3.0.3? Generally, you should check the first page on 3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares before posting. There have been many updates from Gateway since 3.0.3.

Jao Chu

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Oh dear, 2 small paragraphs cutting straight to the point in their update news. No talk of planned upcoming features. They must be sensing the impending doom caused by sig-patching CFWs. The end is nigh for our beloved Gateway.

I'll always be a fan of yours Gateway team!!! :-)

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the record. No one has been bricked when using GW firmware 3.x+ "when all instructions are performed per the guide". I'm not sure why that stupid shit keeps popping up. They tried to prevent other copy cats from duplicating there work, it was a nice attempt but it also backfired on there customers, they learn there lesson. Move on. Keep bringing it up and only giving the negative details doesn't help much, need to look at the whole ordeal.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: i always pee in the water