Hacking Gateway support for Firmware 9.0 – 9.2 Coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

escherbach

Trophies
XP
Country
To be fair to Gateway, they don't actually use the word "soon" in their announcement.

There's probably a good reason for that

Phantom_User

Phantom of Page 666
Trophies
XP
Country
To be fair to Gateway, they don't actually use the word "soon" in their announcement.

There's probably a good reason for that

True .. True .. Soon is nowhere to be found.
All the more aggravating!

You'd think they'd at least be able to release some news with a video or something.

Well if they dont release it by Christmas Im gonna buy myself a Sky3ds and sell it when the GW update comes. No harm done.

Honestly, this is exactly why GW should look for a release window near Christmas. Many more people might be thinking the same.

Except the selling part, of course ...

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Apart from the poor person who buys your sky3ds and can only copy 2 games onto it because you've already loaded up 8.

Like I give a flying fuck. Ill sell it for $60 - $70, thats 10 games for the price of two. Someone will buy it sooner or later. And who knows maybe theyll end up removing the limit. You never know.

D

Deleted-188346

True .. True .. Soon is nowhere to be found.
All the more aggravating!

You'd think they'd at least be able to release some news with a video or something.
"Finalising" is the word which they use, which implies that it'll be soon. If they said "we haven't even started" or "we're about halfway done", then yeah. But "finalising"? You can safely say the word "soon".

Phantom_User

Phantom of Page 666
Trophies
XP
Country
Well if they dont release it by Christmas Im gonna buy myself a Sky3ds and sell it when the GW update comes. No harm done.
"Finalising" is the word which they use, which implies that it'll be soon. If they said "we haven't even started" or "we're about halfway done", then yeah. But "finalising"? You can safely say the word "soon".
verb (used with object), finalized, finalizing.
to put into final form; complete all the details of.
verb (used without object), finalized, finalizing.
to complete an agreement; conclude negotiations:
We should finalize by the end of the week.
Pretty much. Wish they were careful with their wording. What if this is just "talk" ? :(

Edit: Swear 'ta god my Gateway's looking at me. It's looking ..

D

Deleted-188346

Pretty much. Wish they were careful with their wording. What if this is just "talk" ? :(
Then they'd be jerks. But for now we can feel a little better that it coming out soon isn't that far fetched.
For instance, if Infinitydream.com were actually told by Gateway about what the 9.0-9.2 exploit will feature, that's probably a sign that release is imminent (informing official retailers to update their information to correctly reflect the current state of the product).

Or Infinitydream.com may have just been reading forums and thought "rofl ill probs believe this random guy".

All in all, we have no idea what is happening, but it's perfectly reasonable and logical to be a little hopeful. :P

Reactions: Phantom_User

Phantom_User

Phantom of Page 666
Trophies
XP
Country
Then they'd be jerks. But for now we can feel a little better that it coming out soon isn't that far fetched.
For instance, if Infinitydream.com were actually told by Gateway about what the 9.0-9.2 exploit will feature, that's probably a sign that release is imminent (informing official retailers to update their information to correctly reflect the current state of the product).

Or Infinitydream.com may have just been reading forums and thought "rofl ill probs believe this random guy".

All in all, we have no idea what is happening, but it's perfectly reasonable and logical to be a little hopeful. :P

All in all, we've reached nearly a hundred pages and STILL.

No news.

At this point I'm kind of going to raise my flame shield, as many will be those who'll come up and say: "IN MA' DAYS I HAD TO WAIT A LOT 'N' STUFF".

Which is totally comprehensible.

But I mean c'mon. :( ..

I hear the rustling little noises my Gateway's making inside the box.

It's scary.

Beelzebub scary

D

Deleted-188346

All in all, we've reached nearly a hundred pages and STILL.

No news.

At this point I'm kind of going to raise my flame shield, as many will be those who'll come up and say: "IN MA' DAYS I HAD TO WAIT A LOT 'N' STUFF".

Which is totally comprehensible.

But I mean c'mon. :( ..

I hear the rustling little noises my Gateway's making inside the box.

It's scary.

Beelzebub scary
nTuWuyt.jpg

"Look to my coming on the first light of the patch release day, at dawn look to the news page."
- Gateway 3DS

Phantom_User

Phantom of Page 666
Trophies
XP
Country
Here are some of my favorite passages from the Gateway Bible:

Random_User: For Gateway so loved GBATemp that he gave his one and only exploit, that whoever believes in him shall not brick but have eternal gaming.

Random_User 2#: And we know that in all things Gateway works for the good of those who buy his wares, who have been called according to his purpose.

Random_User 3#: In the beginning Gateway created the single-slot ROM loading and the region free acess.

I could transcribe more, if there's a market for it. For now, I'll just apologize deeply for the off-topic.

Reactions: emo kid 68

SirByte

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Here are some of my favorite passages from the Gateway Bible:

From the Book of Genesis

Chapter VIII: A new Dimension

1. In the beginning of the Eighth Era, there was the Arkangel Legacy, who gaveth the people the Tom Clancy Ghost Recon, of which it mattered not as none of the 3DS people that dwelleth in the land of Nintendo had any use for it.
2. The Legacy was not sullen nor dismayed by this and continued blessing the 3DS people, not once, not twice, nor even thrice, yea, verily it was 16 times with the last blessing being the great gift of the Mario Kart of the Seventh.
3. The other Arkangels of the Scene, who hath provided many blessings to the people of NDS and 3DS both, witnesseth the continued blessings and became increasingly cross thereof with the Legacy.
4. As their own blessings were revered equally by the peoples of 3DS and NDS, whom they could distinguish not, it came to pass that they doth not posess the Legacy powers of blessing with the 3DS people and grew envious.
5. With envy being a sin in the face of the LORD, the Legacy decided to share the powers and soonest the Arkangel CONTRAST was blessing the peoples of 3DS with many thereof, verily, 23 times the CONTRAST blessed the people who still had no use for these gifts.
6. The peoples of 3DS grew in number and prospered, and became increasingly favoured by the Arkangels, and it came to pass VENOM blessed the people as well, before the end of the Year 2011, in the calendar of the people of 3DS.

Phantom_User

Phantom of Page 666
Trophies
XP
Country
From the Book of Genesis

Chapter VIII: A new Dimension

1. In the beginning of the Eighth Era, there was the Arkangel Legacy, who gaveth the people the Tom Clancy Ghost Recon, of which it mattered not as none of the 3DS people that dwelleth in the land of Nintendo had any use for it.
2. The Legacy was not sullen nor dismayed by this and continued blessing the 3DS people, not once, not twice, nor even thrice, yea, verily it was 16 times with the last blessing being the great gift of the Mario Kart of the Seventh.
3. The other Arkangels of the Scene, who hath provided many blessings to the people of NDS and 3DS both, witnesseth the continued blessings and became increasingly cross thereof with the Legacy.
4. As their own blessings were revered equally by the peoples of 3DS and NDS, whom they could distinguish not, it came to pass that they doth not posess the Legacy powers of blessing with the 3DS people and grew envious.
5. With envy being a sin in the face of the LORD, the Legacy decided to share the powers and soonest the Arkangel CONTRAST was blessing the peoples of 3DS with many thereof, verily, 23 times the CONTRAST blessed the people who still had no use for these gifts.
6. The peoples of 3DS grew in number and prospered, and became increasingly favoured by the Arkangels, and it came to pass VENOM blessed the people as well, before the end of the Year 2011, in the calendar of the people of 3DS.

Beautiful :')

Edit: Btw, an interesting tidbit from Infinity Dream:

- If you are on firmare 4.5, keep this version because it is the only one to offer all options (MultiRom, Region Free, NAND backup, EmuNAND, original game backup, etc).
- If you are on firmware 5.0 or higher, update your console immediately in 9.0.0 / 9.2.0-20 (via internet) and stay on this version. Do not update beyond the 9.2.0 !

D

Deleted-188346

What's with this conflicting information on Infinity Dream?
Red card - SingleROM / No EmuNAND (9.2 max)
NAND emulation -> fw 9.2.0-20E/U/J via SD card
No EmuNAND for 9.2, but NAND emulation -> 9.2.0? wat.

Also:
"At that time the sign of the Son of Piracy will appear in the sky, and all the publishers of the 3DS software will mourn."

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
"Beloved, do not believe every flashcard, but test the hardware to see whether they are from Gateway, for many false devices have gone out into the world"

"For false cards and false clones will arise and perform great signs and wonders, so as to lead astray, if possible, even the fanboys. "

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If we can get the page count up to 1700-1800 maybe that will help. :)

Not trying to to be rude or anything, but an alternative approach is to spend a little bit of effort earning some extra cash and just buying a 4.5. I hear Taco Tecnicians can earn $10/hour. Or just mow a few lawns or rake some leaves.

Seriously it would only take a few Saturday's to earn $225.

With the 3DS there are options, there are none for the Wii U and I see very little complaining over there. Except a Random friend or two. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Instead of a pronoun page, he has a std page