Hacking Gateway support for Firmware 9.0 – 9.2 Coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lordmau5

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Also, they updated their page a few minutes ago.
It's back to where it was before the server... crashed, or well... they rolled back to the last backup

DSlite2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, they updated their page a few minutes ago.
It's back to where it was before the server... crashed, or well... they rolled back to the last backup

how much you want to bet they switched to a new server and that new server originally had an old backup. Now that have that fixed and hopefully their new server will be ready to handle the bandwidth demands once they release their new exploit.

Reactions: Deleted-355425

Lordmau5

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Could be it.

Also, I might have another theory why they are not releasing the update yet.

It could be, that the update is already done... Just not working for System Firmware 7.0 yet

Either that, or they are already trying to work on lower System versions... or maybe even 9.3?

DSlite2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My N3DS has been collecting dust for the last 2 weeks. I am to the point that I will purchase a Sky3DS if Gateway doesn't give us something soon. It'd be different if I could just transfer my eShop purchases over to my N3DS PAL from my 3DS NTSC-U. That would've been enough to hold me over for awhile. I just want to play games in Super Stable 3D already :(

rip-it-up

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Quick question. I just bought a used 3DS and it came with 7.2. Does that mean I am out of luck? Is Gateway's supposedly upcoming release going to work for everything up to 9.2 or just 9.0-9.2?

They are working on 9.0 first then working down.
you might want to update to 8.1 with smash bro if you can. But there is no time frame when they will start work on older firmwares, so you could be left waiting a while

DrunkenMonk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My N3DS has been collecting dust for the last 2 weeks. I am to the point that I will purchase a Sky3DS if Gateway doesn't give us something soon. It'd be different if I could just transfer my eShop purchases over to my N3DS PAL from my 3DS NTSC-U. That would've been enough to hold me over for awhile. I just want to play games in Super Stable 3D already :(

just hold off for a couple of more days, I'm guessing the release will be before wednesday. I got a pretty lucky friend who said it'd be Monday, so you can take that or leave it hahaha.
The best thing to do is just make a live bookmark of the RSS feed (www.gateway-3ds.com/feed/) and check the feed for updates periodically while playing other games.

I bet you have a backlog of games you'd stopped thinking about on an old console or on the PC, and if not there's always millions of flash games to just pass the time.

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
They are working on 9.0 first then working down.
you might want to update to 8.1 with smash bro if you can.

have you read the latest news on their website?

7.0-9.2 is implemented already as far as we know. they're working their way down. there shouldn't be no need to update

chrisluna413

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just hold off for a couple of more days, I'm guessing the release will be before wednesday. I got a pretty lucky friend who said it'd be Monday, so you can take that or leave it hahaha.
The best thing to do is just make a live bookmark of the RSS feed (www.gateway-3ds.com/feed/) and check the feed for updates periodically while playing other games.

I bet you have a backlog of games you'd stopped thinking about on an old console or on the PC, and if not there's always millions of flash games to just pass the time.

Yeah, just download a chrome extension and it'll tell you when the site updates. They said 'a few days' on the 24th, so I wholeheartedly believe that it'll come out this week. Everyone just needs to relax, play the games they already own for just a bit longer and wait for these next 3 days to fly by.

<snip>

NoSmokingBandit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GW should just make a statement:

" 9.2 support is on the way. When? Hell if I know. "

Much better than the ambiguous "soon" that only makes them look bad after several "soons" have passed.

Thomas12345

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if you want to make the wait go by quicker, buy a sky3ds and once you're done playing all your favorite 3ds games, then the update will come out

chrisluna413

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GW should just make a statement:

" 9.2 support is on the way. When? Hell if I know. "

Much better than the ambiguous "soon" that only makes them look bad after several "soons" have passed.

There's a difference between 'soon' and 'a few days'. A few days arent a week, and that statement first came up on the 24th, so I think it's safe to say that it'll be coming New Years.

if you want to make the wait go by quicker, buy a sky3ds and once you're done playing all your favorite 3ds games, then the update will come out

What a waste of money, lol. Why would anyone buy a $100+ card that barely does anything? To make a 3 day wait go by more quickly? I'd rather be patient and save myself from buying $100+ of soon-to-be trash. You may be in the wrong thread btw lol.

Reactions: gamefan5

Thomas12345

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There's a difference between 'soon' and 'a few days'. A few days arent a week, and that statement first came up on the 24th, so I think it's safe to say that it'll be coming New Years.

GW are chinese and they'll say anything to make you go away and give you fake peace of mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte