Hacking Gateway saving question

DamnThatsHawt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I got a quick question regarding the Gateway.
When playing a 3DS ROM, do you still have to exit the game to save or has this been fixed?
Thanks in advance :)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
You actually still do, but it's exiting the game in any way......I.e shutting down

It won't save if your 3ds crashes or your battery runs out, just make sure you exit the game if you battery is low or if your going to leave your 3ds for a while

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wouldn't the 3DS crashing or the battery running out cause a save to mess up under non-Gateway circumstances too? I mean, seems kinda silly to bring it up as if it's a Gateway-specific thing.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Wouldn't the 3DS crashing or the battery running out cause a save to mess up under non-Gateway circumstances too? I mean, seems kinda silly to bring it up as if it's a Gateway-specific thing.
No on a normal cart the save is saved when you pick save in game, with gateway as it's transferred to the SD card and loaded from the SD card this is not the case you still need to trigger that transfer which only happens when exiting the game,when you load the game back up it loads the old save from the SD card if the new save was never transferred over from the spi chip to the SD card.......it's nothing major IMHO but still not exactly perfect

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No on a normal cart the save is saved when you pick save in game, with gateway as it's transferred to the SD card and loaded from the SD card this is not the case you still need to trigger that transfer which only happens when exiting the game,when you load the game back up it loads the old save from the SD card if the new save was never transferred over from the spi chip to the SD card.......it's nothing major IMHO but still not exactly perfect

I see. Even still though, does it happen that often to merit mentioning it as if it does? I might be ignorant in this, but I've only ever seen the red battery light a small handful of times, and it hasn't ever crashed for me in-game even on buggy launchers.

I might just be nitpicking though :P

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Well as you have seen plenty of people have fell victim to it to differing degree's as I said in my opinion it's nothing major I always exit the game after playing anyway......even before I had the gateway card, so it's was nothing new to me, but some people are probably used to playing till the battery dies and would assume the save in game means it's saves

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Ohkay