Hacking Gateway Save to retail cart?

solid278

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering if it was possible to transfer a game save from a rom on Gateway mode to the original cart? The game uses 6.0 save encryption, but my Gateway compatible 3DS has sysnand 9.2, and it's a card1 game. All the information I can find seems to indicate that it needs to be below 6.0 save encryption, but that was from before Gateway was compatible with 9.2. Also, I read about this 512 kb save size being necessary to transfer. How would I go about finding out if it has that save size? Thanks a lot! I'm sorry if this has been mentioned somewhere, but every search I run either gets me really old news, or finds people asking about transferring from retail to Gateway save.

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about CARD1 games?

I have a similar question, though slightly different - I want to go from eShop versions to retail carts. For CARD2 it should be easy enough as I can just use Gateway mode to do it and transfer the save over, but how do I use SaveDataFiler without being in Gateway mode (which blocks retail carts)?

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use savedatafiler and ntr save plugin, it should do the trick
This. I am going to work on this today.

OP, to find out what the save size is of your game use the GW menu to dump the save of the cart in question.

What about CARD1 games?

I have a similar question, though slightly different - I want to go from eShop versions to retail carts. For CARD2 it should be easy enough as I can just use Gateway mode to do it and transfer the save over, but how do I use SaveDataFiler without being in Gateway mode (which blocks retail carts)?
I am not all all sure about this but I think that is where NTR takes over. Except for certain games as noted in the release thread.

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This. I am going to work on this today.

OP, to find out what the save size is of your game use the GW menu to dump the save of the cart in question.

I am not all all sure about this but I think that is where NTR takes over. Except for certain games as noted in the release thread.

Looking at it... this only works on N3DS? There's not a NTR CFW for the original model?

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where do I even get NTR 1? I can't find an official thread and cell9 limits his profile so I can't even do "see this user's threads" >_>

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...