Gateway retail cartridge online compatibility?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by XavierSylfaen, Apr 9, 2014.

1. XavierSylfaen
    OP

XavierSylfaen Member

Newcomer
    Mar 23, 2011
    United States
    From what I can glean from reading the FAQ, you can play online if you have a retail cart and load it through EmuNAND Classic - but only if the game has not received an update that needs to be downloaded from the Eshop, since that would update the real NAND. Am I correct in assuming this? If so, is there a list of games that cannot be played online with Gateway on 4.5- at all, even with a retail cartridge?

2. Saturosias

Saturosias Sakura-sō Resident

Dec 27, 2010
    United States
    Every game can be played online in Classic mode.

You can just download the update regularly through the eShop in EmuNAND then play the game, dunno' who told you downloading them from the eShop makes realNAND update -- the whole point of EmuNAND was for eShop compatibility.

3. XavierSylfaen
    OP

XavierSylfaen Member

Newcomer
    Mar 23, 2011
    United States

Oh damn, really? Nice, I won't have to buy another 3DS to play Smash online this summer. Thanks for the help.

4. Gamemaster1379

Gamemaster1379 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 5, 2008
    United States
    United States
    That's correct. Unless Nintendo slips out some sort of last minute update to a new firmware that conflicts with emuNAND, it should work out of the box. Even if there is an update and some sort of inconsistency occurs, I honestly find it unlikely that it would be long-lasting. Gateway is taking pride in their staying on the ball with 100% compatability (and first to multiROM). I would be surprised if they wouldn't stay on top of the ball to ensure a continued 100%, especially on such a popular title [retail or otherwise].

5. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    i think it depends on if they can get the 7.x encryption sorted(the reason pokebank and us youtube app dont work), i would imagine nintendo would be getting that implemented into retail carts soon i imagine smash bros would be a likely candidate to rush it through for, so if gateway don't figure some way past it the game may be unplayable even in classic mode