Hacking gateway released wow, now the real emulator will materilize soon?

Arshes91

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys it's been while after i heard here gateway was finaly released at last, i wish to get the flashcard one day but i accidentaly updated my 3ds to get new stuff from mii plaza and vice versa. I hope the team will work the update but not sure how the situation create that flash card.

I know maybe is too early to think about, but i thinked so much the real emulator will appear soon enought before was developed that flashcard.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Emulators notoriously take a lot more time than flashcards to develop. Don't expect a partially functioning emulator before AT LEAST one year.

RichardLaughter_

Trophies
XP
Wow, people can be so rude.
Anyway, to answer the op's question.....
No.
Not necessarily.
Even if a developer knew exactly how the 3ds operated,
they would still have to code it and make it somewhat playable for a alpha/beta release, which could take anywhere from months to a couple of years. (very dependant on team size and effort)
A good example of this is psp emulation. We actually didn't get a decent emulator until recently, although I recall one which ran off of java that was out for a while, but ended up being terrible.
The point is, it could be a few years or it could be after it's life cycle, we don't know.
Matter of fact, I don't even know a team who has such a goal.
Desmume already stated they had no intentions of making one.

-

On a side note, im excited to see what a 3ds game looks like on a pc. The 3ds has already shown it's capable of some pretty amazing effects, but being able to apply anti aliasing and anisotropic filtering to one would just be amazing. One game im particular that I would love to see is resident evil revelations.

Reactions: Rydian

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality