Hacking Gateway randomly stopped reading mSD Cards

DarkFlare69

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Gateway randomly stopped reading my Micro SD Card. It was working fine earlier. Then, I turn my console off and turn it back on later without touching the 3DS, Gateway, or mSD card. It says "Filesystem error" when pressing Select.

I have tried deleting everything off and putting it back on, blowing into the hole, formatting the mSD card, and tried with 3 different mSD cards. Nothing works.

Can anyone help?

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Run the test in the Gateway menu with a different freshly formatted fat card with a single 3ds rom on it. Do you pass all the tests?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
My Gateway randomly stopped reading my Micro SD Card. It was working fine earlier. Then, I turn my console off and turn it back on later without touching the 3DS, Gateway, or mSD card. It says "Filesystem error" when pressing Select.

I have tried deleting everything off and putting it back on, blowing into the hole, formatting the mSD card, and tried with 3 different mSD cards. Nothing works.

Can anyone help?
Do what @Xenon Hacks said, but try it with the GW_testrom.3ds from the bottom of Gateway's download page on the SD card, which is supposed to make it do additional checks.
It won't solve the issue but at least it will help to narrow it down.

Edit:
Gateway said:
Test 1. FPGA RED
Test 2. SPI write test YELLOW
Test 3. SPI read test TEAL
Test 4: SD
Blue = No valid SD data
White = Fat32 partition detected
Green = 3ds ROM header found (if you are still experiencing problems please download and write our GW_testrom to your micro SD, for a full read test)
When GW_testrom is detected on the micro SD, LED will flash hue from blue to red depending on the detected read speed, at the end of a full 1G successful read of the test file the LED should turn to constant Green.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean I would pop the case off and blast it with a heat gun for a little bit and let things settle again but that's just me

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't run anything or get any mSD cards to work.
Obviously you can run something since you get the error when pressing select, which means the Gateway cart itself works and allows you to enter emuNAND. Did you actually try or are you just assuming?

Also, did you try injecting a fresh emuNAND to see if that helps?
Does anyone have any suggestions I haven't tried, I really need to get my GW working again...
Well, if your Gateway stops working, you could always just either buy a new one or install CFW... (assuming you've done what I suggested above) you've done pretty much every common sense thing to test a faulty Gateway. Not much left.

DarkFlare69

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Obviously you can run something since you get the error when pressing select, which means the Gateway cart itself works and allows you to enter emuNAND. Did you actually try or are you just assuming?

Also, did you try injecting a fresh emuNAND to see if that helps?

Well, if your Gateway stops working, you could always just either buy a new one or install CFW... (assuming you've done what I suggested above) you've done pretty much every common sense thing to test a faulty Gateway. Not much left.
Yes, I have tried it with 3 micro SD cards and tried formatting to FAT and FAT32. The Gateway card works, it just can't read anything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol