GBATemp OldFag
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Hello currently I have a n3ds xl and a nes 3ds xl and I was wondering I did order a gateway but I feel like there are no real benefits to keeping the nes 3ds with karl3ds and oska as well as gateway and installing cias to emunand. I could just keep my n3ds which I got mainly because getting a circle pad pro for me is difficult and I don't like the idea of using batteries and prefer the c stick for how close it is to the buttons. What would you do? Thanks for your opinion I want to return the o3ds if others think its worth it.

Edit: so I haven't gotten a single response IRL since everyone I know comes to me about these things so I guess I will keep it...I can return it and get 170$ though which I want to do in a way, I don't feel like I need 2 systems but I can't replace the n3ds if something happens its trash.

alin72

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a pikachu 3dsxl, a white new 3ds from Japan and a red new 3dsxl from America. I only have one gateway and I'm not planning to sell any of those.. Not for now at least..

iViperz

Trophies
XP
Country
If you need the money then sell it, otherwise keep it.
Provided you're careful and have common sense it'll be pretty hard to to ruin anything beyond repair.
Just fyi, one battery lasts more than 500 hours of use (I forgot the exact amount) so it's not really a hassle to buy a CPP, but you're right in that having the c stick close to the buttons is handy.

Personally, I have both consoles (SSB 3DSXL and MM N3DSXL) and would recommend keeping both devices. But not everyone has the money to dish out, so it's up to you

Deleted member 361703

GBATemp OldFag
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
If you need the money then sell it, otherwise keep it.
Provided you're careful and have common sense it'll be pretty hard to to ruin anything beyond repair.
Just fyi, one battery lasts more than 500 hours of use (I forgot the exact amount) so it's not really a hassle to buy a CPP, but you're right in that having the c stick close to the buttons is handy.

Personally, I have both consoles (SSB 3DSXL and MM N3DSXL) and would recommend keeping both devices. But not everyone has the money to dish out, so it's up to you

well it would get me more games since i got it at gamestop and can get credit. im just very conflicted because before i was informed i thought cias could only be installed to a 4.5 base but now im learning my n3ds xl was a good choice as i could just abandon my old system once games take advantage of it more. thats why i created the poll most people seem to think alike.

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
N3DS: More expensive, needs an additional game to run.
3DS: The same, just doesn't need an additional game.

I'd say the N3DS has the advantage, so if you're able to run Gateway on the N3DS, that's awesome.
But it's all about what you're able to run Gateway on. If you have a 9.2 or below 3DS, then get Gateway for it. If you have a 9.2 or below N3DS, get Gateway for that. But now adays getting a 3DS on such firmware requires you to buy a whole 3DS just to get a gateway capable 3DS. If you don't want to do that, then just get a Sky3DS.
It's all about your situation and what you have.

Deleted member 361703

GBATemp OldFag
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
N3DS: More expensive, needs an additional game to run.
3DS: The same, just doesn't need an additional game.

I'd say the N3DS has the advantage, so if you're able to run Gateway on the N3DS, that's awesome.
But it's all about what you're able to run Gateway on. If you have a 9.2 or below 3DS, then get Gateway for it. If you have a 9.2 or below N3DS, get Gateway for that. But now adays getting a 3DS on such firmware requires you to buy a whole 3DS just to get a gateway capable 3DS. If you don't want to do that, then just get a Sky3DS.
It's all about your situation and what you have.
The n3ds is on 9.0 and I have cubic ninja and obviously oot , the 3ds came on 7.0 but I upgraded it to 8.1 and am now using gateway. I suppose if something happens under the warranty I will just return it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It could get banned from PSN but you can change your ID I think?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you try wearing them?