Hacking Gateway on AL9H does not work

CyKoDeLiC

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So after I updated my AL9H trough that guide:

Gateway does not work anymore, as it did before the update. I used that guide beforehand a few month ago, which worked fine. May be there is a new method for starting Gateway? If I start the GW mode via DPAD-DOWN, the dragon shows up. But in the menu, I cannot start the gateway mode and choose my game with pressing select.

1. Download the v2gw.zip attached to this post.

2. Extract the "arm9loaderhax.bin" from v2gw.zip to your /luma/payloads/ folder.

3. Rename that very "arm9loaderhax.bin" you just extracted to "down_v2gw.bin" or to whatever you want that is allowed by Luma3DS' payload chainloader. Other button options: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Other-features-and-notes#payload-chainloading

4. Download GW's ‘arm9loaderhax.bin.zip‘ file. You have to get this directly from Gateway's site. Which is either: A) On their main home page. B) Or on their openly public Private Beta Program page, on this page it'll be under the "» arm9loaderhax for users with existing a9lh installs" section.

5. Extract GW's "arm9loaderhax.bin" file from their zip file to your /luma/payloads/ folder.

6. Rename that very "arm9loaderhax.bin" you just extracted to "gateway.bin"

7. Make sure you have GW's Launcher.dat on the root of your SD Card. Either use 4.0b or the 3.7.1 version. You can find these on GW's site.

8. You are now done. If you followed this tutorial, holding DPAD-DOWN at boot time, will load up Gateway Mode.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The guide you mention is the one I just used 30 minutes ago to load Gateway through a9lh. As Temptress Cerise mentions you'll need the latest launcher.dat for it to work.

Although, even fully updated, the leaked cart for Pokemon Sun will not load... Not sure what the issue is. I changed the headers using Gateway ROM Patcher but perhaps I did it wrong. Trimmed it too.

chaser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pretty sure this should be called "down_gateway.bin"
No. Step 3 is where 'down_' gets added to the start of the file name:
3. Rename that very "arm9loaderhax.bin" you just extracted to "down_v2gw.bin" or to whatever you want that is allowed by Luma3DS' payload chainloader. Other button options: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Other-features-and-notes#payload-chainloading
As mentioned earlier, make sure you've downloaded the latest launcher.dat file and copied it to the root of your sd card (step 7 of the guide that you quoted).

Last edited by chaser,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Push it :creep: