Gateway Omega - The GW doesn't start anymore, help!

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by ELok, Apr 10, 2014.

1. ELok
    OP

ELok GBAtemp Regular

Mar 18, 2010
    Canada
    Ok usually I just have to go to Other Settings -> Profile -> Nintendo DS profile to boot GW mode but since...right now it enter the nintendo DS profile instead of GW. Even if I press "L".

What's happenning? I made no change and I'm still at Ver. 4.5.0-10U. The blue card still work tought...

2. 5rg

5rg Member

Newcomer
    Jul 2, 2009
    Russia
    Just reinstall exploit form blue card.

3. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    Sure your not in Gateway mode already I know it sounds a bit silly but you may of missed it and that will send you back to the proper ds profile. Its just a thought? Have you installed Emunand cause if you have just see if the GW3D sign is there if you have not then it wont be there it will still say the normal firmware and that might be the mix up.

4. Pedeadstrian

Pedeadstrian GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    The fact that you used the blue card means the hack was "erased," unless you re-applied the hack while using the blue card. Just apply the exploit like 5rg said, and you'll be fine.

5. ELok
    OP

ELok GBAtemp Regular

Mar 18, 2010
    Canada

Since I've said the version was Ver. 4.5.0-10U, you could guess that I wasn't in GW mode :P
    But we never know ;).

It was indeed the problem, it's now fixed.

But during the installation of the blue card hack, the progression bar freezed at one "*" from the end and I had to reboot the 3DS, my hearth jumped for a bit. I would prefer to avoid this again, do you know what caused the problem?

6. IronClouds

IronClouds GBAtemp's Pok├ębro

May 8, 2010
    United States
    ^ In my experience, it's random. Not sure what causes it, but rebooting my 3DS and trying again has it complete successfully the second time every time I've had to do it. I'd say it's no big deal, but others that know more about the technical side of that might have more to say.

7. burboss

burboss Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 24, 2013
    Italy

it is useless to reboot when it crashes the installer, simply close and reopen the 3ds

8. Sintrial09

Sintrial09 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 31, 2014
    United States
    Do it one more time, it freezing means that the exploit was somehow still in effect. By doing the blue card one more time it should work.

9. roxas-89

roxas-89 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 30, 2014
    Egypt

Happened to me as well and had to reboot my 3DS also occasionally when I boot gateway mode I'm stuck with black screen and must reboot the 3DS.

KiiWii likes this.