Hacking Gateway Omega Public Beta Micro SD Issues

cabal_man

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,

I'm looking for ideas/probable cause for the problem I'm encountering.

My 2GB Micro SD card works perfectly with the new gateway firmware, but only fits two ROMS.

I have a 32GB Micro SD Class 10. (http://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-microSDHC-Ultra-adapter-Mobile/dp/B007JTKLEK). I've ran some tests on the card and it appears to be working perfectly... However when I put my game backups on it (Ripped myself using the Gateway rom maker) they freeze and crash frequently.

Can anyone think of a cause or does Gateway just simply not support SDXC cards?

Gateway version: New public omega release
Firmware: 4.4
Emunand: Up to date

aireca

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do a full format with panasonic sd formatter or similar and then do a fast format to exFAT with windows formatter. Now that Gateway support multirom is going to have the problems as the old DS flashcarts like fragmentation and corrupted filesystem, if you are on windows try to always extract your card with the extraction icon on the taskbar Tray to avoid this kind of stuff. Also the Ripping tool from Gateway is not really tested by the general public, still can be considered a beta.

justln

Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe your ROMs aren't ripped properly or that Gateway ROM maker has bugs? Have you tried using .3ds dumps from the internet?

awmartian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also use the same MicroSD formated to ExFAT...no issues for me. I even drag and drop 10 at a time without fragmentation errors. Did you check the card with the files Gateway recommended?

"We recommend our users to fully test their regular SD and MicroSD card with memory analysis tools such as:
- h2testw: http://www.heise.de/download/h2testw.html
- f3: http://oss.digirati.com.br/f3/"

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi all,

I'm looking for ideas/probable cause for the problem I'm encountering.

My 2GB Micro SD card works perfectly with the new gateway firmware, but only fits two ROMS.

I have a 32GB Micro SD Class 10. (http://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-microSDHC-Ultra-adapter-Mobile/dp/B007JTKLEK). I've ran some tests on the card and it appears to be working perfectly... However when I put my game backups on it (Ripped myself using the Gateway rom maker) they freeze and crash frequently.

Can anyone think of a cause or does Gateway just simply not support SDXC cards?

Gateway version: New public omega release
Firmware: 4.4
Emunand: Up to date
That's not an SDXC card (which by the way work fine, my 64GB SanDisk works great formatted to FAT32), it's a regular SDHC. It's the exact same type of card as the one I use, only in a smaller size, so I see no reason why it wouldn't be working.
Is this a new card? If you've been using it before it might be worn out and starting to fail though it takes a lot of writes to wear out a SD card. It could simply be faulty. There shouldn't be any compatibility issues with that card, anyway.

Try the Panasonic SD Formatter as mentioned previously, and maybe try a ROM obtained elsewhere and see if that works better, it may just be that Gateway's ROM dumper is buggy, I only dumped one ROM with it and that worked fine but I only played on that ROM for a few minutes.

guardianx71

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Rom dumping stores the dumps on the sd card (not micro) if I'm not mistaken , right? Maybe you should also test your 3ds sd card
Other than that I also have the same microsd ,and as said before by the others, tested with h2testw , full format with panasonic , exfat format from windows , drag and drop multiple (not trimmed and not self made) roms, all work perfectly

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse