Hacking Gateway Omega Backup Utility Doesn't Backup Saves

Tisch

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if this has been brought up (yes I did search and I've read through a few of the threads about omega), but the rom dumping Utility does not backup saves. It is not a 1:1 copy of the cartridge as I expected since they stated it was the most 'thorough'.

With that being said, anybody know how to backup saves from a retail cartridge? I dumped Ocarina of Time because I wanted my saves off my friends copy of it. Also does anybody know why it doesn't backup saves for sheer curiosity?

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It dumps the ROM correctly (ROM = Read Only Memory).
But the savegame is not stored in the game itself but at an external chip on the PCB of the 3DS card. Only games that use NAND saving store the savegames on the ROM itself.

phanteon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the save doesn't make part of the ROM itself.
Afaik the save (in card 1 cartridges like OoT 3D) is stored in a separated chip from the game itself.}
Edit: yeah, what the guy above said

Tisch

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow that was extremely simple and I should have realized, I actually remember this being discussed a while ago now. Thanks for putting up with my stupid moment haha.

Reactions: IronClouds

Tisch

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks tbgtbg, but as MelonGx said they're not compatible with Gateway yet. I guess I should've been more specific and asked if there are any methods known to rip saves that are then Gateway compatible. Afaik there are no solutions available yet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo