Hacking Gateway New 3DS Emunand 9.5.0 and higher is not supported (+ reason)

s-arash

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
from gateway website:

We will not be able to support emunand 9.5 or higher for a while on the New 3DS. This is only an issue for the New 3DS

and the reason , well it seems that n3ds is not just a better hardware ,some major software changes can be done on it

here's the log from 3dbrew on 9.5.0-22 firmware:

New3DS NATIVE_FIRM

The ARM9-loader has added a new keyX with keyslot 0x16 that is generated on hard-boot. The ARM9 binary is now encrypted with this key. In order to decrypt it, you'll need arm9hax on firm > 9.4, or some form of bootromhax.

as you see , they are some security features exclusively for n3ds firmware which are not present on regular 3ds
maybe the gateway team can bypass it like 7.x encryption , maybe not , who knows...

Reactions: Margen67

Timburpton

Trophies
XP
Country
it's obvious that's there's full kernel access. so how does this relate to gw not being able to make emunanding?

the avenger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if i am understanding this correctly,then this could mean the n3ds update is coming real soon,otherwise they would just not announce this now and keep working on it instead

lebad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
if i am understanding this correctly,then this could mean the n3ds update is coming real soon,otherwise they would just not announce this now and keep working on it instead

No I don't yhink like you, they will continu working until the chinese new year :cry:

Reactions: yuyuyup

Kracken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Not necessarily. Last time the key was changed it took half a year for GW to solve it. GW knows this is a big problem and has instead decided to ditch 9.5 emunand ASAP in favor of finishing up N3DS support. That means GW knows they can't fix it for a while so might as well ignore it since we have a lot of work to do still.

I hope it comes soon, but I won't get my hopes up.

Liberty

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I wouldn't say real soon, but it sounds as if they're working on it. And that's the question. Cancel my New 3DS XL preorder or not? I don't need a 200-EUR-brick.

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Don't really care personally, emunand 9.x (9.0-9.2) is far enough.

The only thing you would lose not having 9.5 is eshop access, and you can still get the game updates as .cia files so it's a fake problem.

About New Games, after Majora's Mask, it's not like any big games has big announced soon so it's not really a problem for me, and if I'm really interested by a game, I can still buy it (like I often did, last game I bought was Pokemon AS), piracy is not my main motivation for gateway personally.

Reactions: Xenon Hacks

Kracken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't say real soon, but it sounds as if they're working on it. And that's the question. Cancel my New 3DS XL preorder or not? I don't need a 200-EUR-brick.

Preorder, then return it unopened if GW doesn't release support within the return window.

Liberty

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Preorder, then return it unopened if GW doesn't release support within the return window.
I don't think GW will release anything within 30 days of the New 3DS release. But they'll release an update within 6 month or so, it would be fine enough.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I heard the NN3DS will be shipping on 9.2 to the uk, not 100% sure though just what I have been told by a fellow friend that works at a game shop but not GAME itself of course. :)

Edit: but yeah worst case scenario I could still order an Australia unit from 365games.co.uk :)

Reactions: Deleted-355425

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol