Gateway mode fails to boot on 7.x, is the Gateway site down?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by MattKimura, Jun 6, 2015.

1. MattKimura
    OP

MattKimura 3DS & WiiU Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2014
    United States
    So my friend has a 7.x o3DS and I want to get it downgraded to 4.2. So I had her put the latest launcher.dat and downgrade.dg files on her SD card root as I usually would. So when she tries accessing the Gateway sites: go.gateway-3ds.com and go.scmods.com they just completely fail to boot. We've tried like over 10 times, clearing cookies and history each time. Even powering down from time to time.
    Are these sites down, or is it that persistent?

The whole plan is to upgrade her to 9.2 through Pasta CFW, but is it even possible to use NVRam without any kind of flashcard, but by using the NVRAM option from the Gateway menu?

2. CIAwesome526

CIAwesome526 Im ugly and im proud

Mar 25, 2014
    United States
    The Lake, Kalos Region
    The 3ds wasn't updated to 7.x via gamecard, right? I don't think those have browser updates, so the browser might be from 4.5 or lower. And go.gateway.com only works on the spider browser (6.0-9.4(the arm11 was patched at 9.3 so gateway won't launch on 9.3 and 9.4)).

3. happydance

happydance GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 16, 2009
    just a while ago I used go.gateway-3ds.com then told my friend to use it too since he was having difficulty installing a profile exploit without a ds flash cart and it works fine

4. Ronhero

Ronhero Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    What's the full firmware number you see in settings including all dashes