Hacking Gateway, MicroSD and Windows

Slade.AU

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Australia
I recently purchased a Gateway cart. Found a MicroSD, backed up my games, formatted the emuNAND, updated that and played some of my games. As well as updating the Mii Plaza.

However, now Windows no longer recognises the microSD card. Both the red and blue gateway cards still see the games and the emuNAND, and the games can still be played.

I've tried:
4 card readers across two PC's.
2 microSD adapters
1 Mobile phone

None of which can see the microSD. All devices show there is no media inserted into the drive.

Has anyone seen this before and do they have a solution ? I realise I could always format the emuNAND again, however that would lose a lot of progress on games and the Mii Plaza. I'd like to avoid this if I could.

Thanks.

tyons

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
leave emunand be. the problem must be in the microsd card.
have you already tried formatting it? the saves should be on the 3ds' SD card unless I misunderstood how GW handles card2 games.

p.s. use SD Formatter. it will probably be the first result on google.

wendeng

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently purchased a Gateway cart. Found a MicroSD, backed up my games, formatted the emuNAND, updated that and played some of my games. As well as updating the Mii Plaza.

However, now Windows no longer recognises the microSD card. Both the red and blue gateway cards still see the games and the emuNAND, and the games can still be played.

I've tried:
4 card readers across two PC's.
2 microSD adapters
1 Mobile phone

None of which can see the microSD. All devices show there is no media inserted into the drive.

Has anyone seen this before and do they have a solution ? I realise I could always format the emuNAND again, however that would lose a lot of progress on games and the Mii Plaza. I'd like to avoid this if I could.

Thanks.

but you havent tried a diffrent micro sd card

Slade.AU

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Australia
leave emunand be. the problem must be in the microsd card.
have you already tried formatting it? the saves should be on the 3ds' SD card unless I misunderstood how GW handles card2 games.

p.s. use SD Formatter. it will probably be the first result on google.

Thanks for the advice. It doesn't work though. The reason is that Windows cannot see the microSD card. Using Windows Disk Management tool, shows the Removable Drive with 'No Media'. Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be a way to format a card that Windows doesn't recognise or see as available.

but you havent tried a diffrent micro sd card

I failed to mention that, but yes I have. I tested a random 2Gb microSD card I have lying around with nothing on it. The card works fine in both card readers. I never tested the card in the mobile phone (I didn't see the point).

I have also tested several USB ports on the same computer, just in case.

I'm open to more suggestions.

Edit: I still find it bizarre that the Gateway cards will read the microSD. So from their point of view, the file system is still intact.

Edit2: I just realised. The emuNAND is on the SD card, not the microSD that goes into the Gateway card. Seriously... I'm a dunce.
However, that doesn't fix my issue. It looks like I'll have to try with another microSD card and see if that lasts longer than 2 days or not. I'm still stumped on how to fix it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all