Hacking Gateway is asking for a system update when I go to eShop right now...i am on 9.4 emunand

Ralph1611

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
delete this.. I dont know whats going on.. I have my theme as Red..but when I go into the settings, it shows GW 4.2... but I know its 9.4

Ralph1611

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's wierd, when it says GW4.2.x it mostly is because you are in gw emunand and the emunand version is 4.2.x

I should check again, if it doesn't say GW9.4.0.21.x, then it mostly means you are not on that emunand version (but i could be wrong :P )

Ok..but the Gateway card is working... i get in the multi rom menu. I installed DevMenu CIA. The theme is red. Its at least 9.0.. Im certain that it I went into the first menu GW Mode...

Ralph1611

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your update did not complete correctly, you need to update your emunand again... then it will show as GW 9.4.xxxx
so which one am u supposed to boot? GW mode or Classic Mode? Cause i formatted emunand(yesterday) and went into GW mode and updated it...

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ok..but the Gateway card is working... i get in the multi rom menu. I installed DevMenu CIA. The theme is red. Its at least 9.0.. Im certain that it I went into the first menu GW Mode...

The actual version number is one of the last (if not the last?) things that's installed during an update. If it somehow stops an update partway through, it's possible to have new menu features such as themes, but have a lower version number. The only fix is by just updating the emunand again until it updates every part of the system.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Why classic mode over Gateway mode?

For as far as i know Classic mode is there to go online and use eShop and retail games and update emunand, to emulate an as clean as possible nand (that's why homebrew, cia's and GW multigame selector don't work
GW mode is Homebrew, installing cia's, playing those insatlled cia's and pop-up the GW multigame selector to play 3ds games from SD. All those things don't work in classic mode

But i never tried it in GW mode, cause i've been always told to do it in Classic mode to be safe; so i could be wrong about all that :)

AnkitC

Trophies
XP
Country
India
For as far as i know Classic mode is there to go online and use eShop and retail games and update emunand, to emulate an as clean as possible nand (that's why homebrew, cia's and GW multigame selector don't work
GW mode is Homebrew, installing cia's, playing those insatlled cia's and pop-up the GW multigame selector to play 3ds games from SD. All those things don't work in classic mode

But i never tried it in GW mode, cause i've been always told to do it in Classic mode to be safe; so i could be wrong about all that :)

Nah bro. If EmuNand is formatted. Both Classic Mode & GW Mode boots EmuNand. So both modes are safe if you're intending to update your EmuNand. But make sure you haven't missed Formatting EmuNand.

Ralph1611

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question for you all.. If I want to switch over to a new SD card... How do I go about this? I mean the BIG SD card that goes inside the 3DS?

I cant simply copy the files over to the new one and start using it correct? Because when I put it in my computer, it says GatewayNAND...

So what am I supposed to do?

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Question for you all.. If I want to switch over to a new SD card... How do I go about this? I mean the BIG SD card that goes inside the 3DS?

I cant simply copy the files over to the new one and start using it correct? Because when I put it in my computer, it says GatewayNAND...

So what am I supposed to do?

No, just copying everything is not enough. I'm not entirely sure, but you will at least need to extract the emuNAND from the old SD using emunand tool, inject it into the new one, then copy everything over. Not sure if there are any additional steps you need to do.

Reactions: Ralph1611

Ralph1611

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, just copying everything is not enough. I'm not entirely sure, but you will at least need to extract the emuNAND from the old SD using emunand tool, inject it into the new one, then copy everything over. Not sure if there are any additional steps you need to do.

Thanks.. I really need to do this right.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's just about right.

Using a new SD card format an emunand from the the gateway menu. Remove sd card and then inject old emunand into the new one using the emunand tool. Then copy the folders over to the new card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: hmm