Gateway: how to copy multiple 3ds files to Red card uSD in Linux?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by romanaOne, Feb 8, 2015.

1. romanaOne
    OP

romanaOne GBAtemp Regular

Apr 18, 2014
    United States
    where the potential goes to zero
    I know there is a tool for this in Win/OS X.

I'm guessing you probably have to do something with dd....

2. TemplarGR

TemplarGR Gaming expert

Sep 2, 2011
    Greece
    You know, just copy and paste....

3. romanaOne
    OP

Apr 18, 2014
    United States
    So the Gateway reviews/tutorials are outdated? I thought the uSD had to be some kind of special format for the Red Card. (I don't have a Gateway but have read way too much about it.)

4. TemplarGR

TemplarGR Gaming expert

Sep 2, 2011
    Greece
    Of course not. You should format the micro sd card to fat32 or even better exFat, since Fat32 will have problems with big roms. Other than this, it is just a copy and paste process... Just remember to always copy roms one at a time to avoid fragmentation errors, and never delete roms, just format the sd card and start from scratch.

Also, avoid placing Pokemon and Animal Crossing roms on the gateway, again to avoid fragmentation errors, since those save to the rom itself and could produce issues. If you can, install those as CIAs instead.

5. romanaOne
    OP

Apr 18, 2014
    United States

From the GBAtemp's review of Gateway3DS:

This outdated info was a big part of my waiting to buy a Gateway. The Windows ROM patcher/massager/crapifier used with EZ-Flash IV really was a confusing pain.

6. iCEQB

iCEQB GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 2, 2013
    United States
    That's the reason why Gateway should finally create a guide with all available info .... there is also shitloads of information spread all over the web, which will become a problem in the future if it's not found in one place.

LinkFan16 likes this.