Hacking gateway GW3D 11.10 (B9S AND CFW)

Deleted member 668561

GBAtemp Official Psychonaut
OP
Banned
Trophies
somewhere within 4 dimensional space-time
XP
Country
United States
Follow instructions, Create and use Emunand! CFW AND B9S HAVE TO BE PRE INSTALLED, WITH LUMA3DS
DO NOT INSTALL TO SYSNAND! YOU WILL NEED NTRBOOT TO FIX!

method for running gateway on 11.3 or higher

if your emunand is 11.2 or below you don't need to downgrade

STILL WORKING ON 11.14, JUST UPDATE AND RE-RUN SYSUPDATER WITH SAME FILES

IMG_20191202_223339937_HDR.jpg

first off, this is for those who already have b9s and luma (ntrboot), ive gotten my new 3ds xl working with gateway mode on emunand, alongside luma on sysnand, all booting via b9s,

you must have b9s and luma already, and your console should ALREADY BE UPDATED to 11.10.xxx WITH LUMA AND B9S,

place files on your 3ds sd card AFTER you created a 11.1X emunand

use luma to boot emunand mode first (hold select and tick autoboot emunand)

(gateway will not boot yet), make sure you have sysupdater installed,
launch sysupdater, press Y to downgrade

(AGAIN VERIFY YOU HAVE CREATED AND BOOTED INTO EMUNAND BEFORE DOING SO), this will take about 30 seconds or so, then it will reboot,

hold start down when booting, or exiting system settings to boot gateway, otherwise you will boot into luma cfw and not gateway

ALSO IF YOU HAVE FASTBOOT3DS YOU CAN SET THE GATEWAY.FIRM FOR GATEWAY TO SLOT 1 AND AUTOBOOT GATEWAY FROM POWER UP, THIS ALSO AUTOBOOTS GATEWAY AFTER SYSTEM SETTINGS EXIT, I'VE SET LUMA TO BOOT FROM FIRM SLOT 2 WHEN B IS HELD AT POWER ON OR SYSTEM SETTINGS EXIT

USING FASTBOOT3DS REDUCES BOOT TIMES AND FILES (BOOTCTR9 MAY BE NEEDED WITH FASTBOOT3DS) BUT GATEWAY MODE AND LUMA WILL BE PRESERVED WHEN EXISTING SYSTEM SETTINGS YOU CAN STILL DUAL BOOT IF YOU HAVE HOTKEYS SET IN FASTBOOT, HOLD HOTKEY WHILE EXITING SYSTEM SETTINGS

boom gateway mode on 11.1X,

THIS WILL BREAK ESHOP FUNCTIONALIY THOUGH IF YOU HAVE LUMA AND GATEWAY YOU PROBABLY ARENT USING IT ANYWAY
IMG_20191012_211213387.jpg IMG_20191012_211223661.jpg IMG_20191013_010348934.jpg IMG_20191013_010454983.jpg IMG_20191013_010601486.jpg

DOWNLOAD:

Original files (luma chainload + bootctr9) https://www.mediafire.com/file/xzs7efhraz9at2s

Fastboot3ds version https://www.mediafire.com/file/fyumuewly5qlpx4

demo using fastboot3ds

you have to download the updates and gateway launcher.DAT separately as they will not be included

google search: https://bit.ly/3pwamsl

visit this thread to get the needed folder (updates you don't need updates!) just follow steps 1 - 3B on 11.10 this folder will include 5--8 files you don't need to go further than step 3b

The thread is German, and is geared towards PlayStation searches for gateway 11.7 emunand (search "gateway 3ds 11.7 psxtools" ) on Google will land you there, download files based on your console type and region

original using luma chainload + bootctr9

Last edited by Deleted member 668561,

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
first off, this is for those who already have b9s and luma (ntrboot), ive gotten my new 3ds xl working with gateway mode on emunand, alongside luma on sysnand, all booting via b9s,

you must have b9s and luma already, and your console should ALREADY BE UPDATED to 11.10.xxx WITH LUMA AND B9S,

place files on your 3ds sd card AFTER you created a 11.10 emunand,

use luma to boot emunand mode (hold select and tick autoboot emunand) (gateway will not boot yet), make sure you have sysupdater installed,
launch sysupdater, press Y to downgrade, this will take about 30 seconds or so, then it will reboot,

hold start down when booting, or exiting system settings to boot gateway, otherwise you will boot into luma cfw and not gateway

boom gateway mode on 11.10,

THIS WILL BREAK ESHOP FUNCTIONALIY THOUGH IF YOU HAVE LUMA AND GATEWAY YOU PROBABLY ARENT USING IT ANYWAY
View attachment 182386 View attachment 182387 View attachment 182388 View attachment 182389 View attachment 182390

"THIS WILL BREAK ESHOP FUNCTIONALIY" only when running gateway emunand or perm even after going back to luma3ds?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Just a heads up, containing gateway firmware files, and/or partial official updates in not allowed on gbatemp, hopefully you can find a way to instruct people how to achieve the same results rather than sharing the files themselves

Deleted member 668561

OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who needs gateway when we have luma?

all of the people who bought a gateway obviously or may still want one, you know? , while everyone else anti flash card, im not, i come from the days of Dserial, passme, nds motion card, people should have a choice if they have the ability instead of feeding them the bandwagon ever since gateway brick, which is irrelevant now if you have ntrboot and a nand backup (you know taking that extra 5 min can go a long way), it's sad because this killed 3ds slot-1 expansion cards (3DSerial would be cool) and dstwo pretty much

i use luma, and since using gateway i actually like it very much too its very fast and simple which is the point, you can go online if you have your private headers, though I use luma on my sysnand to go online via cia, gateway used for single player offline and homebrew, gateway simplicity is what makes it so useful still, especially not needing to spend several hours waiting on cias to install

"THIS WILL BREAK ESHOP FUNCTIONALIY" only when running gateway emunand or perm even after going back to luma3ds?

eshop functionality is broken within gateway mode (emunand), you can access it but cannot download anything, plus you can switch between luma and gateway mode by launching system settings, then just exit either holding start for gateway, or don't press anything and it'll boot luma on emu or sysnand, eshop will still work on sysnand with "luma mode", as you're installing patches to emunand

Deleted member 668561

OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I create an emunand? It's been so long I forgot.

use godmode9, press home, more.., sd format menu, you can pick emunand size ( i used a 2GB multinand size, or just pick gw emunand), you will have to format your sd card so either have a backup or use a spare sd card

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Just a heads up, containing gateway firmware files, and/or partial official updates in not allowed on gbatemp, hopefully you can find a way to instruct people how to achieve the same results rather than sharing the files themselves
Is base64 code allowed here?

Deleted member 668561

OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far i've tested nsmb2, Brian age, sm3dw, majora mask, ultimate nes remix, starfox 64, 3d Sonic (Genesis port), donkey Kong country returns crashes once you start 1-3 (a system error....nope bad rar dump, somehow it got a bad md5 ) This could just be the rom image too though, all others I tried work no issue

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well I believe I'm about to get hit with a spring sinus infuction
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well I believe I'm about to get hit with a spring sinus infuction