1. urherenow

urherenow GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    access to the red card doesn't help. Other than those who insist on using .3ds format roms, the only point of GW is its superior cheat engine (specifically what it gives us to search for the cheats), and we need to be able to make the loader run on newer firmwares. The frustrating part is that it's more than likely as simple as changing the memory addresses to apply patches to (simple, if we had the source)

As for Gateway.firm, I'm well aware, as I helped out with its creation. I used a hex editor with a few file versions of GW, identified the chunk that loads the rest of the cfw (then dumped that chunk as it's own file), and passed it on to the guy who knew how to make the firm with it. I'd have to dig deep in my post history to find that thread...

aadz93 likes this.
  2. aadz93

OP aadz93 GBAtemp Official Psychonaut

Korea, North
    Yeah I cant find that thread, there's two versions of the firm

3. k7ra

k7ra GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Hello, I have gw emunand 11.2, is it working in last fw?
    What steps should I take to update it?

4. fmkid

fmkid Just another GBATemp's random guy

Colombia
    Such as "latest FW (11.14)", no. But it's possible a frankenfirmwared EmuNand on 11.14.

And the steps to achieve it are on the first post of this thread and also confirmed here (I suppose):

https://gbatemp.net/threads/gateway-gw3d-11-10-b9s-and-cfw.550040/page-6#post-9267407

PS: Frankenfirmwared means "partially updated".

Last edited by fmkid, Dec 11, 2020
    aadz93 likes this.
  5. aadz93

Korea, North
    if on 11.2 you don't have to do anything, you only need a frankenand to run gateway above 11.2

Last edited by aadz93, Dec 22, 2020
  6. Sudoman

Sudoman Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Thank you so much for this tutorial, I can't believe I'm actually using my Gateway FlashCard after all this time.

Before I came here and follow this tutorial, I installed boot9strap using (safecerthax) on my Old3DS 11.13 following the tutorial on 3ds.hacks.guide and then updated to 11.14.

After I installed boot9strap and Luma3DS, I created the emuNAND using godmode9, I chose the multinand 2x (2GB for emuNAND) and then followed this tutorial.

The only problem I'm having is the system is asking me to update whenever I try to launch eShop (on both sysnand and emunand). If I go to System Settings and then update (it does not matter if I'm on emuNAND or sysNAND) I won't be able to launch gateway (black screen).

If I go and update using system settings and then downgrading using sysupdating with the 5x files provided, the Gateway will boot up nice and easy, but I won't be able to access eshop.

It looks like every change I made while on emuNAND the same happen on my sysNAND.

Did I miss something?

EDIT: I also noticed that I have just 1 folder under Nintendo 3DS folder on my Nintendo 3DS SD Card. Do I need to unlik sysNAND and emuNAND, to do that, I need to backup both my SD Card and emunand.bin and then format the emuNAND, right? (All my games and homebrews are installed on sysNAND, will I keep them if I restore after format?)

Last edited by Sudoman, Jan 27, 2021
    aadz93 likes this.
  7. aadz93

Korea, North

Yeah you want to unlink your nands, that way you can have a full 11.14 sysnand, eshop will not work on the gateway emunand, at this point do you really need it, but will still function on the sysnand

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

You can just format the sysnand with sd card ejected to unlink, you can back up the sysnand and restore it to emunand then format sysnand

When on the emunand you probably get a pop up that'll keep asking to update, just ignore it

Last edited by aadz93, Jan 28, 2021
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - gateway,